Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show February 24 - 25 2018 - The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    Cost is c£15, IIRC.  Details on the website.

Parking is free, but limited.  Come by train if you can.

Yes, stuff for sale.  Yes, stuff to see.

And its a great place to spemd some time.  There's normally quite a few people around oumstand too, so plenty of friendly faces and names.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    @dareth1981 it’s £12.50 in advance or £15 on the door. Car parking is free but limited then it’s free on the streets around the venue. 

Coffee is £0.50 a cup, so as far removed from the NEC as you can get (I worked there for 14 years) 

i have a live stage, see the website for a full listing. 

Loads to to buy and loads to try. 

The vibe I Be is great. But it’s probably better for others to comment about that. J
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Thanks very much for the info guys :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited January 2018
    TTony said:
    Cost is c£15, IIRC.  Details on the website.

Parking is free, but limited.  Come by train if you can.

Yes, stuff for sale.  Yes, stuff to see.

And its a great place to spemd some time.  There's normally quite a few people around oumstand too, so plenty of friendly faces and names.
    Nearest train station is Jewellery Quarter (5-10 minute walk ). There's also a Metro stop at Jewellery Quarter if you are coming via Birmingham city centre and, err, really like trams.
     I know in the past some people have got a bus from the city centre which takes you even nearer and posh people get taxis. Fairly sure some people walk from the city centre as well, mebbe 20 minutes. 
    I've never been unable to park for the show even if it's been on street. 
    The Jewellery Quarter is quite an interesting place if you've got ten minutes en route and quite a few cafes and restaurants. Very quiet ( nothing open)on Sundays though. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Hello, just a quick update. I've lost a couple of exhibitors lately due to illness, lack of stock and Dean Guitars no longer having a UK distributor, but this has allowed for some new exhibitors to come along for the first time, please have a look at the exhibitor list because I think that this is the best line up I've ever had in over 20 years of doing shows.
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    It *is* looking good Jason.

I might have to have a proper wander around the show myself this year ...
    tFB Trader
    @TTony I might myself :)
    I'll come with you and claim show organiser discounts
    :D
    tFB Trader
    @TTony Its massive :) as long as its going well...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    I'm saving up some bass funds for the show - and having seen the vendors I'm feeling poorer already :D
    tFB Trader
    @Bridgehouse I'll have to get the door money taken away, otherwise this could be a pointless exercise. Still a few more to go up
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jason said:
    @Bridgehouse I'll have to get the door money taken away, otherwise this could be a pointless exercise. Still a few more to go up
    Promise I won't run off with your big bag of used tenners ;)
    tFB Trader
    @Bridgehouse they are twenties :) its my favourite magic trick, turn up with a bag of fivers, leave with a bag of twenties
    Jason's in a good mood today!!
    I'm saving up some bass funds for the show - and having seen the vendors I'm feeling poorer already :D
    I've got a short "wants" list.

The risk is that I find a whole other set of things that I want when I get there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:

The risk is that I find a whole other set of things that I want when I get there.
    Yeah. I mean - Sandberg, Darkglass, Mark Bass.. etc etc ugh!
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Jason's in a good mood today!!
    Yeah I am, send out a load of stuff today to half of the exhibitors (yours will be very soon) for them to post on social media, the whole world should be seeing Guitar Show info soon. Web hits are massively up year on year and I've just finalised a load of designs for range of T shirts I'm going to launch as a separate business. All good :)
    TTony said:

Who knows, maybe the people on the Sandberg stall might even be friendly this year and generate some customer interest. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:

Who knows, maybe the people on the Sandberg stall might even be friendly this year and generate some customer interest. 
    I'm not sure I'd go that far..
    TTony said:

I'm not sure I'd go that far..
    Sorry, I was being silly. I shall just look at their basses over the top of their wall of indifference.