Stereo pedalboard setup help needed!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• How often do you think you'd actually use it stereo? Almost all my stereo stuff is at home, through monitor speakers for recording purposes. I'm not really sure how it would all sound live.
    Oh not often at all! Mainly just for funs at home / in Studio 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    for recording it's definitely wort it IMO
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    How often do you think you'd actually use it stereo? Almost all my stereo stuff is at home, through monitor speakers for recording purposes. I'm not really sure how it would all sound live.
    Oh not often at all! Mainly just for funs at home / in Studio 
    This is exactly why I chose that box. If space allows I'll go stereo but mostly gigs are quite compact pubs etc so I need to switch to mono easily :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    edited January 2018
    The easiest way to do this is to back load all your stereo pedals to the end of your chain. I wouldn't bother using the PS/3 in stereo, so leave that where it is, but otherwise if you want to do it easily you'll need to re-jig your chain. Otherwise you're going to have phase issues, weird left-channel only stuff, and potentially would need a lot of boxes to sum each stereo pedal in the middle of a chain to mono.

So yeah, if you really want to have the stereo option without your signal going mental, put all your stereo pedals at the end of your chain, and finish it off with something like this: https://goodwoodaudio.com/product/theinterfacer/

Enjoy buying more patch cables

I nearly went for one of those goodwood interfaces until I saw their price. Went for bright onion after that. My rig is as you say though I.r. Stereo pedals last in the chain which is my H9 which o use for delays etc. Other H9 is in the loop so I can move it around I.e. Before or after drive etc.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I might just switch the Moog and the Polymoon around and stereo the last few, with a sum to mono box after. 
    You may as well stereo the Evantide too - think of the ping pong delays, stereo tremolos, stereo choruses, left-to-right flanging and phasing...
    Aye... BUT I like having that before the Moog, that’s the issue 
    Mine is exactly the same so you get the cool H9 stuff wrapped in a lush moog delay
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I might just switch the Moog and the Polymoon around and stereo the last few, with a sum to mono box after. 
    You may as well stereo the Evantide too - think of the ping pong delays, stereo tremolos, stereo choruses, left-to-right flanging and phasing...
    Aye... BUT I like having that before the Moog, that’s the issue 
    Mine is exactly the same so you get the cool H9 stuff wrapped in a lush moog delay
    Yup, agreed