More MIDI questions

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ah bugger - I was thinking that one cable to the DD500 and then only one more required out to the JVM - was forgetting that the signal actually needs split :(

I also need a patchbay you see, so was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone!

Cheers again

You could always see if bright onion could make you one? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ah bugger - I was thinking that one cable to the DD500 and then only one more required out to the JVM - was forgetting that the signal actually needs split :(

I also need a patchbay you see, so was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone!

Cheers again

You could always see if bright onion could make you one? 
    They don't seem to offer anything with MIDI connections after doing a quick website search...unless I'm missing something
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7142
    edited January 2018
    There’s a US place who’ll definitely build you a custom one for a pedaltrain - a friend got one recently. Pretty impressive. Search “Best-Tronics Pro Audio” 
  • There’s a US place who’ll definitely build you a custom one for a pedaltrain - a friend got one recently. Pretty impressive. Search “Best-Tronics Pro Audio” 

Well.....I'm planning on getting rid of the PT very soon too, and either getting a two-tier one from Custom Pedalboards, or maybe something even more boutique, so I'm happy enough to just get a normal, cheap-as-possible patch bay to tide me over.

I will still check them out though, cheers buddy

• normula1normula1 Frets: 639
    The Kenton stuff is good. I've a couple of thdir merge boxes. Watch the polarity if you plan on powering it from a non-Kenton power supply.
  • normula1 said:
    The Kenton stuff is good. I've a couple of thdir merge boxes. Watch the polarity if you plan on powering it from a non-Kenton power supply.
    Right enough, centre positive as opposed to negative! Feckers!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    It's quite easy to find a reversed polarity lead... just don't plug it to anything else by accident. 
  • @Teetonetal @GavRichList - just ordered the MIDI Thru 5 direct from Kenton.

Order placed at 12:55pm, and e-mail to confirm despatch at 2:20pm. Great service!!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Order placed at 12:55pm, and e-mail to confirm despatch at 2:20pm. Great service!!

Good man. If you need any help with any of the PC / CC message stuff, by all means drop me a pm; I’m sure I can get hold of the online manuals for the two boss units easily enough. 

Good man. If you need any help with any of the PC / CC message stuff, by all means drop me a pm; I’m sure I can get hold of the online manuals for the two boss units easily enough. 

Thanks very much mate! Both manuals are easily available online, as well as the JVM one. I'm going to have a crack at it over the next few days once all the gear has arrived and see how I get on, but will definitely give you a shout if I'm struggling