Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    siraxeman said:
    I'd hope to see a decent harmoniser on the Helix.....otherwise i'll just have to shell out again for a Boss PS-6. That one in the Helix is weak IMO.
    I don’t find it to be too bad
    i use it for Detroit rock city and the trooper
    one thing I have found with it is that it doesn’t sit well
    where you normally put a harmoniser
    Sometimes I have it after the cab for example
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    i'll have to try that, I'm only comparing it to my ole GT-100 and the Boss PS-6 pedal....and they're great!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Cabicular said:
    siraxeman said:
    I'd hope to see a decent harmoniser on the Helix.....otherwise i'll just have to shell out again for a Boss PS-6. That one in the Helix is weak IMO.
    I don’t find it to be too bad
    i use it for Detroit rock city and the trooper
    one thing I have found with it is that it doesn’t sit well
    where you normally put a harmoniser
    Sometimes I have it after the cab for example
    I always ran my PS6 in an fx loop. Works well. Do the same with helix also fine.
  • Just spent the day wondering what had happened to my sound (at Home through monitors) as it was just bugging the hell out of me and sounded lifeless.

turns out I was using a 20ft cable instead of my usual 10ft one. Returning to my 10ft cable made it come back to life again. Fwiw I use pretty low output pickups on all my guitars.

so a word to the wise... if something’s “changed“ then maybe, even in the digital age, it’s your lead!
  • Does everyone else find they have to roll back the hi cut on every amp/cab setting below 10khz otherwise you get a harsh clipping/artifact ??
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Beta folk know what's in 2.5 - and, by the sounds of it, it's going to surprise a few people.

I wouldn't want them replacing models; there aren't so many that the list is confusing (yet), and I'd rather they didn't start breaking people's patches.
    Still trying to wonder what on Earth this surprise could be. anyone have any guesses?
    Maybe they’re going to model the AX8 :o
  • Does everyone else find they have to roll back the hi cut on every amp/cab setting below 10khz otherwise you get a harsh clipping/artifact ??
    Pretty much. Don’t use the inbuilt cab hi and low cut though, out an eq block after the amp or cab or IR and use it instead as the roll off curve is much different and much more usable.

i usually have hi cut at 6.4 for general purpose or 5.4 for very high gain 
  • I've been finding that I have been needing to set the bias higher and pretty much have to use a ribbon or condenser. 

I will check out the IR settings and see how they go. Thanks @gibsongretschfan ;
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Trying to get a phaser sounded more like a Small Stone. Getting decent results with the Deluxe Phaser using a sine wave, 50% feedback, 46% mix and a fairly low rate and 4 stages. It’s not the same but it’s pleasant. I have a compressor after this in my chain which is excentuating the swirls
    Trying to get a phaser sounded more like a Small Stone. Getting decent results with the Deluxe Phaser using a sine wave, 50% feedback, 46% mix and a fairly low rate and 4 stages. It’s not the same but it’s pleasant. I have a compressor after this in my chain which is excentuating the swirls
    Before or after the drive?
    i always put mine befor
  • Cabicular said:
    Trying to get a phaser sounded more like a Small Stone. Getting decent results with the Deluxe Phaser using a sine wave, 50% feedback, 46% mix and a fairly low rate and 4 stages. It’s not the same but it’s pleasant. I have a compressor after this in my chain which is excentuating the swirls
    i always put mine befor
    Yup before. To be honest it doesn’t sound all that great with drive but then I always preferred the Small Stone with a clean amp too

i just can never gel with MXR phasers. They are so vanilla, even if you’re just using it for the odd funk tune or some small passage in a song that requires one
    Cabicular said:
    i always put mine befor
    Yup before. To be honest it doesn’t sound all that great with drive but then I always preferred the Small Stone with a clean amp too

i just can never gel with MXR phasers. They are so vanilla, even if you’re just using it for the odd funk tune or some small passage in a song that requires one
    There were some good phasers on the M series
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:
    i always put mine befor

There were some good phasers on the M series
    The barberpole was brilliant!
  • It's only forty squid used for a small stone. Slap it in the effects loop and be done 
  • It's only forty squid used for a small stone. Slap it in the effects loop and be done 
    I have two big box versions :’) just won’t fit on my board hehe
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    I'm a defector to the tube cause now and have  Helix LT
  • Jetfire said:
    Welcome to the dark side 
  • Jetfire said:
    I've stepped away slightly - I'm no longer doing the FRFR thing, but I'm still all-solid-state. Helix LT -> Rocktron Velocity -> real cab.

I have to say, the Helix LT is probably the best value you can possibly get in the guitar world right now.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    @digitalscream do you use just the preamps or the full amp block using a proper cab?
  • Jetfire said:
    @digitalscream do you use just the preamps or the full amp block using a proper cab?
    Full amp blocks using a proper cab - the Velocity is reasonably transparent (the "definition" control notwithstanding), and the NL212 sounds ace.
    <space for hire>