Think Fuzz tones stink ?........feast your ears on this

What's Hot

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    ThorpyFX said:
    Is this fuzz buffer friendly does anyone know?
    Ask scotty I’m sure he’ll know.

That being said I know the buffer friendly thing is vital/important to some people but the whole tone of a germanium fuzz comes from the fact that fuzzes like the fuzzface and Mk1.5 TB are virtual earth current drive inputs, like shoving your pickup straight into the - terminal in an op amp, so there’s tons of gain-  and possible instability. Backing off the guitar vol is like adding the missing series resistor, which reduces gain and cleans it up making it less noisy and more stable.

That’s why it’s so important in those circuits that the pedal “sees” the pickups, that being said the benefits of loopers makes it possible to have your cake and eat it. 
    I must admit I never found much of a difference with having a buffer in front of my veteran. Maybe a little though when I had two buffers in front of it. ;) I don't now though :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    Is this fuzz buffer friendly does anyone know?
    Ask scotty I’m sure he’ll know.

That being said I know the buffer friendly thing is vital/important to some people but the whole tone of a germanium fuzz comes from the fact that fuzzes like the fuzzface and Mk1.5 TB are virtual earth current drive inputs, like shoving your pickup straight into the - terminal in an op amp, so there’s tons of gain-  and possible instability. Backing off the guitar vol is like adding the missing series resistor, which reduces gain and cleans it up making it less noisy and more stable.

That’s why it’s so important in those circuits that the pedal “sees” the pickups, that being said the benefits of loopers makes it possible to have your cake and eat it. 
    I must admit I never found much of a difference with having a buffer in front of my veteran. Maybe a little though when I had two buffers in front of it. ;) I don't now though :)
    It’s cos you now do it right! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    @Telejester Ok this sounds pretty good, if you stick a treble booster in front of most fuzz pedals they sound great without the low end farts, this sounds like they have done something similar with the MKIV, probably with a tonebender circuit. would love to hear Scott Holiday rip out some riffs on this

Where can you buy them, they don't come up in the product search on Google.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16010
    the Paul Trombetta Bone machine and mini Bone take some beating
  • CarewCarew Frets: 9
    edited January 2018
    Is ProAnanlog MkIV a Mk4 Tonebender clone?   I guessing my the name and the colour (Park Fuzz) that it is?
    pedal fiend
  • Wasn't the guy that makes these called out for dodgy dealings a while back? I seem to remember a forum somewhere where he had a few unhappy customers, although maybe that's all been sorted now.
    Wasn't the guy that makes these called out for dodgy dealings a while back? I seem to remember a forum somewhere where he had a few unhappy customers, although maybe that's all been sorted now.
    sounds like a very casual slur on your part
    pedal fiend
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    Carew said:
    Wasn't the guy that makes these called out for dodgy dealings a while back? I seem to remember a forum somewhere where he had a few unhappy customers, although maybe that's all been sorted now.
    I saw hints of that on a Gear Page thread, but no specific info.
  • Carew said:
    Here it is:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/proanalog-pedals-appreciation-thread.1165437/page-8

edited January 2018
    ^ thanks for the elaboration
    pedal fiend
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    edited January 2018
    I wouldn't buy anything from Scotty / ProAnalog.

If you want a quality MKIV with no shenanigans go and speak to Stu Castledine.
  • Carew said:
    ^ thanks for the elaboration
    No problem :-) Welcome to the forum by the way!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    The main thing I took away from both those demo vids is that the wang bar thing sounds incredibly shit. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited January 2018
    Pedal does nothing much for me, sounds more of a distortion/fuzz than proper fuzz. For me growly, spitty, saggy etc is what I love about a good fuzz. You can't always use a fuzz just like it's any other OD pedal. Pick attack/angle and how you play the guitar can make a big impact on well/effectively a fuzz works (esp Fuzz Face type).

That link about the builder would put me off anyway. What's with the American Jebus lovers writing bible crap in their pedals and charging silly money for them?
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Sounds great, like most basic germanium fuzz pedal clones out there. Wait, what am I missing. The fact it's aimed at religious people so, therefore, it costs twice as much as it should? Is that the catch? No idea.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Jeeez doesn't sound good with dealings like that does it :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    I wouldn't buy anything from Scotty / ProAnalog.

If you want a quality MKIV with no shenanigans go and speak to Stu Castledine.
    Apparently the Proanalog has a regular clipping section in addition to the fuzz transistors. Then again the circuit looks just as simple as a regular fuzz. I'd love to build a clone.

edited January 2018

Apparently the Proanalog has a regular clipping section in addition to the fuzz transistors. Then again the circuit looks just as simple as a regular fuzz. I'd love to build a clone.

diode clipping?    i don't see any diodes.   i see three transistors.   what's the yellow thing?
    pedal fiend
    edited January 2018
    I heard one demo video.   It didn't sound fuzz like enough for a fuzz for my liking.   Then I read some promo blurb: ah, it's not supposed to be a proper fuzz but a overdrive-cum-fuzz!  That explains it then. 
    So if you want a proper fuzz, look elsewhere as that's not it's intended purpose.
    pedal fiend
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Carew said:

diode clipping?    i don't see any diodes.   i see three transistors.   what's the yellow thing?
    I don't know a battery clip from a diode @Carew Can you recommend any resources to someone like me so I could identify components from gut shots like this? I want to educate myself.