Bigfoot Engineering Trouble Booster

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I don't know much about Bigfoot Engineering pedals. Any opinions on the Trouble Booster? Seem to be about £120ish new which isn't too bad.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Is it just a clean boost? I have a Suhr Koko in the classifieds which is uber flexible...
  • Sadly I missed out on one on eBay. Went for just £56
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    I had one, sounded fantastic, sold it in a moment of madness and will be replacing it at some point.
    The bright mode is similar to a rangemaster, but I didn't use that much as I preferred the normal mode. There is a lot of volume boost on tap if you use it into a clean amp with a lot of headroom, for me it was best into an amp that was already breaking up or into another overdrive pedal then into a clean amp.  Cleaned up well with the guitar volume, you could leave it on all the time. 
    There was only one issue, the footswitch popped loudly, and would cause all other pedals after it to pop as well until the signal hit a buffered pedal. Since the trouble booster itself was buffered this was a bit annoying! I got around this by putting a klon buffer after the trouble booster. The pedal itself still popped but I tended to leave it on all the time anyway.
    I loved it and would recommend it but just be aware of potential switch popping!
  • I had one for a while, great treble booster. As mentioned above it sounds best going into an already compressing amp or before an OD. I used it before a TS clone going into a marshall for an extra solo boost.