A cheaper/older version of the Boss GT-Pro?

What's Hot
gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919

I think I want a desktop effect processor, but don't want to shell out on a GT-Pro. I like the look of the GT-001, but want something rack like (doesn't need to go in a rack though), that I can stack other things on.

Any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    PodXt Pro? They go for quite cheap now. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919

Good shout.

I have a Pod 2.0, but as it doesn't have a Hi-Z output, it's a bit useless really. I run a mixer for my synths into my mac (I'm a n00b), and I want to run the guitar into the mixer also.

However, does it make more sense to run the mixer into a two channel interface along side my Pod 2.0?

• exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    gusman2x said:

Good shout.

I have a Pod 2.0, but as it doesn't have a Hi-Z output, it's a bit useless really. I run a mixer for my synths into my mac (I'm a n00b), and I want to run the guitar into the mixer also.

However, does it make more sense to run the mixer into a two channel interface along side my Pod 2.0?

What do you need a Hi Z output for? There’s no reason why you can’t run the output of a POD 2 into a mixer. The overall speaker emulation isn’t that great but it’s better that nothing.
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    exocet said:
    gusman2x said:

Good shout.

What do you need a Hi Z output for? There’s no reason why you can’t run the output of a POD 2 into a mixer. The overall speaker emulation isn’t that great but it’s better that nothing.

I seem to get loads of hiss and clipping going from the POD 2.0 into the mixer, then into garageband. Maybe I'm not doing it right. Entirely plausible.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 610

I have 3 rack effects processors...go t sll s/h. Decent prices and very good 'older' versions of current units

Boss GX700

TC Electronic G major 1 (the 2 has nice a few upgrades and looks slicker but generally still quite expensive s/h)

Digitech GSP 1101

I'm still evaluating what they can do/compare them etc but all are very useful and will do as much or as little as you want.

In or out of effects loop. Tones are very good on all three. Small footprint and no weight. Think I got all three for less than £240 IIRC

Altho all are housed in steel cases would be wary of what/how much weight I'm stacking on top. I picked up a mdf cases on the bay and they live snug and safe in them, Then you could stack other items on top.

• A GT-001 may be a good shout if you do decide to spend some cash and can live with the desktop aspect. I recently bought a GT-100 to see if I can replace my traditional pedal board without going into Helix or FX8 expenditure. I wasn't interested in the COSM models, but I discovered I like them much more than I thought I would. I've tried recording them and been pleased with the results (sounds, not my playing...) 

The GT-100 will connect to a computer via USB and act as your audio interface. Moreover, it has two stereo channels - one for your processed sound and one for your untouched guitar input - so there's an opportunity to record one track as you heard it going through the effects and another track for using with plugins or re-amping back to the GT at a later date. 

I believe the GT-001 can do this, too, so that might be interesting for you. You could also place it somewhere out of the way and control it via the Tone Studio app that Boss provides - which is the same for the GT-100 and GT-001, and decent.