Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My wife and I are on the news again

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• jackiojackio Frets: 132
    Hi

We're so touched by all your replies. Thank you all. I would like to reply individually as they are all, without exception, thoughtful, giving and kind. And you have helped us as fellow human beings who are having a tough time. Hmmm, no emoticon for this feeling, shame.

We want you to know we were back in the news yesterday:

C4 7pm news 
    C5 through the day
    Sky news
    ITV national 1.30
    BBC Victoria Derbyshire around 9.38 

Somewhat sadly (and curiously) the coverage locally in Nottingham has been rather muted. I guess if you have your own media team in your £900 million-a-year hospital you have some power. Though Sarah and I have more  =) when we need to.

Today we are on p25 of the Daily Mail.

Sarah and I decided long ago we wanted to make Harriet matter and to stop baby-deaths being taboo. Taboo is shite, means people don't talk, and when people don't talk, the same stuff keeps happening.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Holy shit, I didn't see this thread before, but as soon as I saw the names, I recognized them. I am glad you are fighting to raise awareness of this kind of shit because what you are doing will no doubt help a LOT of people in the future.

Having kids (the actually child birth part) is scary at the best of times, even with great support around. When that isn't good, or is even damaging to your chances, well it is just completely unacceptable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919

Hi Jack, I haven't read this thread before now, but I saw you on the BBC yesterday. My deepest condolences for your loss. You and your wife should be very proud of the courage and composure you've shown to highlight the issue, and hopefully reduce the risk to others in the future.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    jeez... I just cannot imagine what you are going through..
    my heart goes out to you both..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    jellyroll said:
    Jack, wishing you and Sarah good health and the strength to cope with this. 
    From me too.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• jackiojackio Frets: 132
    Thanks again for the kindness.

We are top story on Daily Mail online, and a double page spread in the print paper. It is well written and my nephew and nieces are impressed with the photos taken in their house  :3
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    I have just read your story online, and have been moved beyond words and touched by the resilience and determination you have both shown since your terrible loss.
    Your efforts will almost certainly save lives and prevent others from the shadow of grief that you have to bare.

My deepest condolences to you and your wife and I pray that you are visited by happier times again.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    It's a hard read, and I'm so sorry for what you had to go through.  It's heartbreaking.

We are all on your side for the difficult fight you have faced and are still facing.  You are literally savings lives with your fight, incredible.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11680
    My deepest sympathies, so very sorry for your loss.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Just seen this and read your story online. It left me angry and deeply moved. I can’t imagine the pain you are going through but I wanted to say that I wish you strength in challenging this.

Something is very wrong when this can happen to you and so many other families at the same hospital.