Repairs at Apex Music in Reading

MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
Anybody have experience of getting an amp repaired here https://apexmusicshop.co.uk/ ?  They are the closest place to me that says they do amplifier repairs but I don't know anything about them. Would appreciate some feedback if anyone has any, before I trot along there.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• No experience of Apex Music (although they're a nice little shop), but there's also Mick Johnson.  He's in Shinfield, so about the same distance from you.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    Mick has done a couple of guitar jobs for me (a set-up and re-did the binding on a Ric copy last week); funnily enough, I met him in Apex!
    He does amp work too.
  • No experience of Apex Music but Stuart Smith of Berkshire Amp Repairs is in Caversham. Used him on numerous occasions; highly recommended. Ex BBC sound engineer and very knowledgable. Prices are reasonable as well. 
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    There is a real place called "Berkshire Amp Repairs"? Jesus Christ my Google Fu was pretty poor this time  :#
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Many thanks to respondents thus far. Berkshire amp repairs sounds like what I need (duh!).