Absolutely fucking livid........

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    Someone else asked about cars the other day, having had one as a company car until recently, if I was spending my own money on a 5 year old plus car I would buy a VW touran, look very dull but sit up high, really nice to drive and like a van with the seats down.  Only downside is they have the sh1ttest window demister of any vehicle, if you can live with that they are great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    munckee said:
    Someone else asked about cars the other day, having had one as a company car until recently, if I was spending my own money on a 5 year old plus car I would buy a VW touran, look very dull but sit up high, really nice to drive and like a van with the seats down.  Only downside is they have the sh1ttest window demister of any vehicle, if you can live with that they are great.
    I probably wouldn't buy a VW even if I could find a petrol one - I know some people seem to swear by them, but I've heard as many horror stories as with Renaults, surprisingly. My trusted garage mechanic thinks the French cars being crap thing is a bit of a myth anyway, and they're actually not much, if any, worse than anything else now. VWs also seem to hold their value better, which for me is a bad thing because I want to buy a good car as cheaply as possible and keep it until it falls apart (or some twat writes it off...) so resale value is irrelevant.

Going to see a 2011 model Grand Scenic tomorrow.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

To be fair the general issue with french cars is normally the electronics more than anything.  The plus side of that is I once had a renault laguna that used to do over 600 mpg!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27426
    munckee said:
    I once had a renault laguna that used to do over 600 mpg!
    On a tow truck?

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    munckee said:

I once had a renault laguna that used to do over 600 mpg of oil.
    FTFY
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72241
    edited January 2018
    Sorted. A 2011 Renault Grand Scenic, 1.6 petrol, high spec trim with half-leather seats, lots of toys, exceptional condition - hard to believe it's six-seven years old with 80K on it - and even with four very good tyres, will be with me next weekend hopefully!

I will admit that it's brown... or technically 'Bronze', it says. Nah, it's brown. Quite a nice metallic brown, but still brown :).

It was also less money than a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Historic.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Sorted. A 2011 Renault Grand Scenic, 1.6 petrol, high spec trim with half-leather seats, lots of toys, exceptional condition - hard to believe it's six-seven years old with 80K on it - and even with four very good tyres, will be with me next weekend hopefully!

I will admit that it's brown... or technically 'Bronze', it says. Nah, it's brown. Quite a nice metallic brown, but still brown :).

It was also less money than a new Gibson Les Paul Standard Historic.
    But can you play November Rain on it...

Glad its sorted for you, enjoy NCD