Internet getting worse Advertising to blame.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• polotskapolotska Frets: 116
    ICBM said:
    beed84 said:
    The latest iOS and Mac OS can prevent cross-site tracking now. No more of the stuff you looked at appearing as adverts on every other site you go on. Best update I’ve ever received.
    I just checked mine on my phone to double check it was enabled - it was - but also saw that camera and microphone access was allowed! Not now it isn't... why would Safari need camera and microphone access?
    It’s intended for websites that can stream audio and/or video, such as web-based versions of Skype, Google Hangouts, etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Freebird said:
    The internet started going downhill around the year 2000, or thereabouts.
    Things change. Stuff develops.

I first started regularly using the internet in 92/93 - I remember as HTML developed and browsers changed most of the usenet regulars thought the key players had "sold out"

Lol.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    High Points never to return:

Netscape
    AltaVista
    Show me your wife.com  - free access
    selling images of Christ in bun on ebay
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    The internet started going downhill around the year 2000, or thereabouts.
    Things change. Stuff develops.

I first started regularly using the internet in 92/93 - I remember as HTML developed and browsers changed most of the usenet regulars thought the key players had "sold out"

Lol.
    I was there too when the internet was a new frontier, free from regulation and commercial exploitation. It didn't last long though.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Just to drag this one up again.  I read the "What did your parents do for you" thread and since @Danny1969 's story of his dad, my Facebook feed is trying to sell me caravans.

Goddammit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    randella said:
    Just to drag this one up again.  I read the "What did your parents do for you" thread and since @Danny1969 's story of his dad, my Facebook feed is trying to sell me caravans.

Goddammit.
    It might be my story, or it could be you are heading towards that age where caravanning, beige slacks and early nights are all appealing :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Danny1969 said:
    randella said:

Goddammit.
    It might be my story, or it could be you are heading towards that age where caravanning, beige slacks and early nights are all appealing :)
    @Danny1969 - you clearly know me eerily well ;)

It's still a great story by the way!