Will Fender ever reissue the Electric XII?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    JayGee said:
    impmann said:

Oh and 90% of the electric 12 on Tommy is a Fender. A small %age is the Gibson Firebird 12 that he was given/lent by Gibson that ended up in various shops around London. Apparently - Mr T wasn't impressed by it...
    Simon Townshend made heavy use of a green (heavily aged Pelham Blue?) Firebird 12 when I saw him with Roger Daltrey on the “Tommy” tour a few years ago. It may not have been on the original album but it sounded spot on (and bloody fantastic) to me!
    This one?

If so... I have played it. It used to be in a shop in Bexley called the Guitar Factory (I think this pic was taken there, judging from the card between the pickups). It sounded good but hells teeth it was an unweildly beast!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6053
    edited January 2018

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    JezWynd said:

It just looks stunning - would love to get my hands on one just like it...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1257
    impmann said:
    JayGee said:
    impmann said:

Oh and 90% of the electric 12 on Tommy is a Fender. A small %age is the Gibson Firebird 12 that he was given/lent by Gibson that ended up in various shops around London. Apparently - Mr T wasn't impressed by it...
    Simon Townshend made heavy use of a green (heavily aged Pelham Blue?) Firebird 12 when I saw him with Roger Daltrey on the “Tommy” tour a few years ago. It may not have been on the original album but it sounded spot on (and bloody fantastic) to me!
    This one?

If so... I have played it. It used to be in a shop in Bexley called the Guitar Factory (I think this pic was taken there, judging from the card between the pickups). It sounded good but hells teeth it was an unweildly beast!
    I believe so. Between the colour, the decal, and general Firebird-12-ness it’s kind of distinctive!

I found a regular 6 string reverse model too unwieldy to live with so I dread to think what the ergonomics on that would be like...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31503
    There's a 67 on Facebook now!