PSA: BOGOF at Dorco razors

What's Hot
SporkySporky Frets: 27569
Afternoon all. I recently switched to Dorco after King Of Shaves discontinued the Azor 4. Dorco do 3, 4, 6 and 7 blade cartidges, four different handles and all interchangeable. I bought a tester pack with the 3, 4 and 6 ones in and like the 4s best. You can buy outright or do a subscription which is a bit cheaper.

They have a launch offer for the new website - whatever you put in the basket they'll ship double.

https://www.razorsbydorco.co.uk/

Or if you feel especially thankful there's a referral scheme; if you use this link you'll get £5 off, and I'll get a £5 voucher when you order. If not just use the link above, it's not like I'd ever find out. :)

http://razorsbydorco.refr.cc/andiallan
"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Man shaving is confusing

I did look at the site as I need one, but I don't want so many options it just confuses the crap out of me.

I'll look again when I'm less tired 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    Basically you choose how many blades you want in the cartridge - 3 (didn't like that one myself), 4 (liked a lot), 6 (also good) or 7 (not tried it). The handles don't matter - they're all cross-compatible.

Or get a Trial Run - one handle, two each of the 3, 4 and 6-blade cartridges. That's what I did, though having done that I'd just go Pace 4.

https://www.razorsbydorco.co.uk/product/men/the-trial-run.html
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    ‘Thanks to our common docking system’

It’s a fucking razor it doesn’t need a docking system!

Good offer if you want to experiment though...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I got over the multi blade razor marketing a while ago and have never looked back. Bought a decent single blade razor and use it with Wilkinson blades that cost 60p for ten, I get a far better shave than anything else I've ever used. 
     I do now honestly believe multi blade razors are a gimmick just designed to get blokes spending money on something they don't actually need. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    If the first blade doesn't cut it then the second one will.  If that doesn't cut it the third one will.  If that doesn't cut it the fourth one will.......

Just get the first one right!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    edited January 2018 tFB Trader
    Bic.
    I got over the multi blade razor marketing a while ago and have never looked back. Bought a decent single blade razor and use it with Wilkinson blades that cost 60p for ten, I get a far better shave than anything else I've ever used. 
     I do now honestly believe multi blade razors are a gimmick just designed to get blokes spending money on something they don't actually need. 
    I did the safety razor thing - Merkur and blades. Then I realised that for me it just didn't work as well as the Azor 4 I had as a travel razor.

Different strokes and all that.
    Iamnobody said:
    ‘Thanks to our common docking system’

It’s a fucking razor it doesn’t need a docking system!
    It's just how the cartridges attach to the handles. Unlike Gillette and Wilkinson Sword and King Of Shaves, all the Dorco stuff works with all the Dorco stuff.

I didn't think people would be so negative. Sorry.
    Sporky said:
    I did the safety razor thing - Merkur and blades. Then I realised that for me it just didn't work as well as the Azor 4 I had as a travel razor.

Different strokes and all that.
    Yeah, definitely. I seem to have found a blade that works for me while having the bonus of costing pennies. Its the never ending more blades thing that makes me feel like Im being rinsed

Flink_Poyd said:

Yeah, definitely. I seem to have found a blade that works for me while having the bonus of costing pennies. Its the never ending more blades thing that makes me feel like Im being rinsed
    The seven does strike me as a bit of willy-waving. The six was good, but the four just seemed like the sweet spot to me. A lot more expensive than the Derby Extra I used with the Merkur, but far less than Mach3 etc, and it only adds up to about £15 a year so I'm not mad bothered cost-wise.

I do like Proraso soap and a brush. That bit works well.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Seven blades? Sounds like overkill to me, possibly literally.

I've been using Mach 3s for decades now, I've never come across a situation where I felt the need for 133% more blades.
    Sporky said:

Never used that and Im due some shaving soap.
     Can you buy it in a shop or is it online?

scrumhalf said: 
    Seven blades? Sounds like overkill to me, possibly literally.
    Seven does sound excessive. I have two of the seven blade cartridges on the way just to try out, but as I've said, four seems the sweet spot for me.
    Sporky said:

Either I think. Got mine from Amazon but I think big Boots probably have it. Green plastic tub.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    I shave face and entire head. Sometimes back! Single blades don’t shave close enough and leave a shadow at the back of the head that makes me look like Friar Tuck!  Is the 4 a close shave Sporky

I think so. Doesn't seem to leave any hairs uncut, doesn't make any holes in my face, and doesn't take loads of passes. I've been alternating between the 4 and the 6 and both work well; for me the six isn't worth the extra (though there's not a lot between them).

Shippings been pretty quick for me so far so you might have time to get a trial pack and then order whatever you like best by the 24th, when the offer ends.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    edited January 2018
    Another vote for Proraso soap. Lasts for bloody ever and smells nice too, not over-perfumed like some ‘man products’ can be.

Quite literally lasts forever in my case as I now have a beard. 

Edit - the fact I have a beard might make some folk wonder what I’m doing reading a thread about razors. Well, it’s like this: I really ought to be doing the vacuuming...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    Sporky said:

Either I think. Got mine from Amazon but I think big Boots probably have it. Green plastic tub.
    My Boots obviously aren't big enough. Tried Superdrug, Wilkos and Boyes, no luck. I'm in Brum tomorrow so tge search will continue 

• duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    My Boots obviously aren't big enough. Tried Superdrug, Wilkos and Boyes, no luck. I'm in Brum tomorrow so tge search will continue 
    I don’t think you will get it in a Boots tbh.  Amazon should have it though, I usually do a big order of new blades/aftershave/shaving cream from http://www.shaving-shack.com/ who will definitely stock it.
    Ah, sorry - I was sure I got mine from a Boots, but the stuff lasts for ages, whereas my memory does not!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom