Mad Prof Sweet Honey Deluxe vs standard

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 789
Having tried the Tone City Sweet Cream which I’m led to believe is a clone, and been impressed by it, my interest is piqued. is the SHOD Deluxe essentially the same as the standard but with more tone shaping, or is it noticeably different in terms of gain, response etc? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Surely this thread should be called: "SHOD I deluxe or not?"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oho! Good work.
  • Anybody tried the deluxe SHOD yet?

I’m now wondering whether adding controls to already good designs more often than not just complicates the experience without really adding anything.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2178
    I've owned the standard sweet honey and it's a great pedal ,,,,Only difference as I understand it is the 3 band eq on the deluxe 

the fewer knobs the better I reckon, so I'd go for the standard - and only £129 new
  • I always saw the release of the Sweet Honey Deluxe as MP's response to Joyo's Sweet Baby.
    The pricing on the original Sweet Honeys dropped sharply once the Joyo was recognised as a 1:1 clone for that sound.
    But it did also allow them to address the most reported (internet forum) user niggle with the SHOD- too much bass cut.
    To me, the bass cut is part of that sound, but others felt like they could do better. I think MP is inviting you to try with the dlx version.
    I think if you like the original sound and enjoy the slice that the bass cut gives, i say stick with the OG version :)