Help I have a blocked ear.

What's Hot

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    If olive oil alone doesn't clear it in a couple of days, you can get a rubber bulb from the chemist to flush water through your ear. Works very well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Oil type drops for a few days then a quick trip to your local NHS walk in centre. Tell them you've been putting drops in for a week, if you don't they'll send you away till you have done so. I go every few years. My local docs were useless, they need one appointment to inspect then send you away to come back a week later, takes forever and in the meantime you're deaf as....not ideal if like me you walk on lanes with no pavements! So I skip them and drive 15 miles to a walk in centre and they do it there and then with usually only a 45 mins wait. Don't try syringing yourself or poking about in there its not worth the possible painful outcome and permanent deafness. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    Ive asked my wife this question, she' a doctor, she says check the date on the otex and go see your gp or practce nurse asap.

She also mentioned not to clean your ears regularly particuarly with cotton buds as that's really bad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ear canals are self-cleaning and should be left alone. I guess if your head is underwater often, exposed to dust all day, or you wear in-ear devices a lot I guess your earoles might struggle.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I had a blocked ear (I flew whilst I had a cold) and after months of sprays, pills and a nose balloon (yes, a nose balloon) ended up having a grommet fitted - there was fluid behind the eardrum. If earwax had a decent monetary value I'd be rich, I have to have micro-suction every few months.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    You lot have been playing too much “wet willy”

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    Pardon?

...law etc.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I get blocked ears. It's OTEX for a few days and then I have a syringe with repeated warm water and feck me.....it's like someone gave you new ears and everything's crisp and jangly. I sort of look forward to it now that I'm too old for sex.....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Thanks everyone. I thought i’d Wait to see how it was when I woke up today and it’s not any better in fact I am now completely deaf in my left ear. Going to head to the walk in centre now. 
  • Best of luck.  I have this issue periodically.  Syringing has helped in the past, although the best approach seems to be prevention by putting in olive oil.  Of course, I usually do this for a while after a blockage ... then forget and the problem comes back.  Rinse and repeat (literally).
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now
    JM build | Pedalboard plans
  • vizviz Frets: 10645
    edited January 2018
    Hope you get it sorted! Do you feel dizzy? Have you vomited?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Sadly a waste of time. Arrived at the walk in and they said they were not taking anyone but then said I could see the nurse. Waited a few hours saw the nurse and tells me she doesn’t have the equipment to do it. ‘Make an appointment next week’

might have to find a private place to go do it.
  • I think Specsavers does microsuction at about. 35 quid per ear. Might be worth trying if there a branch near you...
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    Forget the walk in....its saved me in the past but its not the future...keep with the oil, you might be surprised, make sure you put it in at night with a bit of cotton wool to stop it getting out....too much of that Otex stuff WILL give you an infection.

as above....look up your nearest micro suction, its the best way, put oil in both ears and no doubt they will clean the other one while you're there.

Good Luck.....I SAID GOOD LUCK ;-) 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    I went to the GP on Monday and they said it looks like I had a mild infection that is heaing and there isn’t much wax.

though I flushed my ears out with saline solution on the weekend. He told me to stop using drops and give it time.

today it’s really sore and my ear is going all crusty I assume from all the drops
    and stuff. today is probably the worst pain wise I’ve had. I am not touching it anymore but it’s driving me crazy 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    adamm82 said:
    I went to the GP on Monday and they said it looks like I had a mild infection that is heaing and there isn’t much wax.

though I flushed my ears out with saline solution on the weekend. He told me to stop using drops and give it time.

today it’s really sore and my ear is going all crusty I assume from all the drops
    and stuff. today is probably the worst pain wise I’ve had. I am not touching it anymore but it’s driving me crazy 
    You can try anti allergy nasal spray.  It will help your ears drain inside so the infection can clear.

but if it’s worse go back and don’t hold off from telling them it’s an emergency to get in quicker.  

Coincidentally, mine are also blocked and sore today so I think mine are playing up again.

I am begging to suspect it is vaping that may have caused this. I have no proof but I’ll never suffered this before. Hope not it’s keeping me off the cigs as they are too expensive. And can’t face to quit completely right now. 
    I had severe pain last night and woke up with blood coming out my ear. 

Going to hospital now. Just posting this to take my mind off the pain.

if I don’t make it my wife will list my guitars on the classifieds later. 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    randella said:
    p90fool said:

Don’t put anything larger than your elbow in your ear. 
    Thanks a bunch, I've just tried this, now I've tied myself in a knot and I'm having to type this with my nose... 
    Probably needs clarifying.

if(pokeyThing.size >= (new Elbow()).size)
    {
        try
        {
            bool result = TryInsertPokeyThing(pokeyThing);
        }
        catch(PokeyThingException ex)
        {
            throw new Exception("Don't put your actual elbow in your ear, you'll have to type with your nose.");
        }
    }
    Pseudocode humour, I didn't realise until I signed up here how many guitarists are also IT Professionals! :lol:
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    adamm82 said:
    I had severe pain last night and woke up with blood coming out my ear. 

Going to hospital now. Just posting this to take my mind off the pain.

if I don’t make it my wife will list my guitars on the classifieds later. 
    Blimey. Good luck, hope it’s nothing too serious.  :o