Fender Custom Shop prices for 2018

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    jrc2806 said:
    Pleased to see the value of the £ hitting a 19 month high against the $ today. Looking forward to the price reductions over the coming months from Gibson, Martin, Fender....sorry just dreaming again!
    The pound fell off a cliff 19 months ago and is now standing on a pebble at the bottom. 

That pebble is your 19 month "high". 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    @p90fool - very true. Let's hope that it does not slip off said pebble and manages to get back (at least some way) up the cliff face. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    "Case Candy" - good grief, we're British for goodness sake! Some suggestions:

Case lozenges
    Case accoutrements
    Lucky bag
    Case accessories
    Case paraphernalia
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 139
    Bits and bobs?
    Goodies?
    Bonus bits?

Case crap?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    Accessories, Case Sweeties, 100s and 1000s 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26745
    I wonder if this is done partly in the knowledge that most people buying Fender CS aren't buying their first one, so they already have all this crap. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    Guitarice Allsorts?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I wonder if this is done partly in the knowledge that most people buying Fender CS aren't buying their first one, so they already have all this crap. 

Cost cutting more like.  People pay more for a new Gibson without the extras 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5653
    edited January 2018
    I think I’d personally prefer a little bag of actual sweeties to a polishing cloth but I feel I’m going to be in the minority here.
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Garthy said:
    Whitecat said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Where are you getting the 2018 prices from?
    Models landing at dealers over the past week or two...
    many models have been just below or just over 3K now for most of 2017 - any stock around £2500 has been either old stock or stock ordered in 2016 that arrived mid 2017

I do have info on 2018 models and prices but can't release such info until NAMM - Still waiting as to what the 2018 NAMM Limited Editions models will be for 218
    Just out of interest, how much is a custom order vs 'off the peg' stock that yourself, Peach and World Guitars currently have? I realise this is a 'how long is a piece of string' question so if I were to ask for a Strat in Cherry Sunburst, maple board and whatever electric bits a CS comes with, how much would I be looking at considering I don't want the 'aged' hardware, 'aged' plastics or relicing, roadworn etc- the bit people tell me costs a fortune, without being facetious I'd like a custom shop  Strat to actually look like a new guitar. I guess a std US Strat built in the custom shop would be more succinct :)
    There is not a definitive for a Custom Shop Strat as the price list is effectively the price list is like an a la carte menu and you can choose various options - ie 1/4 sawn neck, hand wound pick-ups etc will add to the price - Whereas a NOS new shiny finish, or even a lightly aged closet finish will be less than an aged finish - Best bet on an exact quote is to e-mail me or send a PM with the spec that you require and I can get you a more exact quote - If you are not sure of the exact spec you want again I can help with preparation, but often a good idea to look at other C/Shop models out there, look at the spec and base your order around it - again for example, if you see a guitar you like the spec and features of, but want a different non aged finish and colour, send me a link of that guitar and we can use that guitar as a base for the quote with changes as required - Hope that makes sense - Very few if any quotes are now below 3k - and around 6-7 months waiting time on new orders - any questions just ask - Doug at Coda, John at Peach and myself are handling such quotes and potential orders all the time, either for customers or indeed for some of our own guitars we order for stock
    Hi- sorry it was a general interest question, I wouldn't want to waste your time, thanks :)
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    dazzajl said:
    I think I’d personally prefer a little bad of actual sweeties to a polishing cloth but I feel I’m going to be in the minority here.
    I like the idea of a bag of pick and mix in every case. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:
    Pleased to see the value of the £ hitting a 19 month high against the $ today. Looking forward to the price reductions over the coming months from Gibson, Martin, Fender....sorry just dreaming again!
    The pound fell off a cliff 19 months ago and is now standing on a pebble at the bottom. 

Not true.  Was $1.44 before the referendum.  Is $1.37 now.  I make that 5% lower.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    Garthy said:
    Hi- sorry it was a general interest question, I wouldn't want to waste your time, thanks :)
    no problem - just let me know if I can help further - but unless it is a Fender spec'd guitar, that all appropriate dealers can buy (which is many of the models listed on the actual C/Shop web site) most other model are variations on the them that have been custom spec'd and ordered - as such prices will vary accordingly around a ball park price
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    edited January 2018
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:

They didn't reduce prices over here when the pound was $2.070 in 2007 so I wouldn't hold your breath. Around that time myself and hundreds of other Fender lovers were buying from the U.S on a regular basis. Everything looked so cheap. A $3500 masterbuilt guitar in the US was priced at £3495 over here then. Shipping was much cheaper too back then. We all stocked up on books, cds, dvds. amps, pedals, pickups.....you name it. Was like the half price sale  I bought two Cunetto era relics for a friend from a Fender dealer, they were both under £1000 shipped and duty paid. He still has them £££ :)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:

Not true.  Was $1.44 before the referendum.  Is $1.37 now.  I make that 5% lower.
    it is promising that we have got back to around $1.35 and above - it needs to be a trend and stay above for any hint of price changes to be applied - If it is a blip then a pity - we all know high street prices don't go up/down everyday according to such an exchange rate - Suppliers/distributors etc will put in place a +/- variation that they can work with based around $1.25 or $1.3 - wait and see - In the past I've known prices come down, yet sometimes it can just hold of a pending factory price increase - I'm sure we'd all love some reduction - Yet my gut feeling is the UK Government will favour a weaker pound for a while to exist with exports
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Garthy said:
    no problem - just let me know if I can help further - but unless it is a Fender spec'd guitar, that all appropriate dealers can buy (which is many of the models listed on the actual C/Shop web site) most other model are variations on the them that have been custom spec'd and ordered - as such prices will vary accordingly around a ball park price
    Thanks, no unicorns for me, just would like a new £3000 guitar to actually look like one. :)
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    crunchman said:
    p90fool said:
    jrc2806 said:

it is promising that we have got back to around $1.35 and above - it needs to be a trend and stay above for any hint of price changes to be applied - If it is a blip then a pity - we all know high street prices don't go up/down everyday according to such an exchange rate - Suppliers/distributors etc will put in place a +/- variation that they can work with based around $1.25 or $1.3 - wait and see - In the past I've known prices come down, yet sometimes it can just hold of a pending factory price increase - I'm sure we'd all love some reduction - Yet my gut feeling is the UK Government will favour a weaker pound for a while to exist with exports

the weaker pound hasn’t helped exports, merely caused inflation. The Bank of England have been keen to strengthen the pound so provided no more brexit style mishaps, we should see the pound rise medium term