Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

They missed the Audi drivers

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Bucket said:
    crunchman said:

From one or two I've seen in the last few days, I think older BMWs are the worst.  A lot of them seem to be driven by young guys who probably can't afford a newer one, and also think they are invincible.

There's something in this. The E46-shape 3 series (so the late 90s/early 2000s one) seems to be at full-on banger status at the minute, the point at which values can't get any lower and all the shit ones are being run into the ground by people who don't really have the means to treat them the way they should be treated.

Round here I see so many lowered E46 coupes with horrid wheels and the de rigueur obnoxiously loud exhaust.

https://rmsmotoring.com/garage/carimages/i13772.jpg

Er, they are BBS 3 piece wheels, stronger and much lighter. They can also be repaired properly. The current BMW wheels, especially the 19s are fragile, prone to cracking on the inside lip, not covered by a warranty and fiendishly expensive. BMW used to use something similar to those on the E36 328 & E31 8 series. In effect it's no different to sticking a set of Evos into an RG570.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Garthy said:

Er, they are BBS 3 piece wheels, stronger and much lighter. They can also be repaired properly. The current BMW wheels, especially the 19s are fragile, prone to cracking on the inside lip, not covered by a warranty and fiendishly expensive. BMW used to use something similar to those on the E36 328 & E31 8 series. In effect it's no different to sticking a set of Evos into an RG570.
    Fair enough, that photo isn't representative of all of them. They're usually much worse.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Ive always found the most clueless, cant do a fecking thing right in a car drivers to be the school run mums in a 4x4, they should have dedicated lanes and huge car parking spaces specifically for them only.
  • Ive always found the most clueless, cant do a fecking thing right in a car drivers to be the school run mums in a 4x4, they should have dedicated lanes and huge car parking spaces specifically for them only.
    They shouldn't have the vote, let alone driving licences ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    LuttiS said:
    Drove down to Wellingborough yesterday for marketing conference, while on the M1 the 4th lane was closing and traffic had to merge. This slowed down the 3rd lane as 4th lane traffic merged. 

But one driver decided he shouldn't have to wait. One driver saw that the 4th lane was now almost empty coming up to the closing point. 

This one driver pulls out from the 3rd lane and speeds down the now empty 4th lane right up to the orange cones. 

This driver was a BMW driver. 

Many other drivers took issue with Mr BMW. 
    The dick was still trying to merge at the end when I rolled up a few mins later as people were not letting him in.

I waved as I drove by. 
    Everybody should use all of the lanes and zipper merge; that's the correct way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I've got 3 cars, one of them being a BMW; I just find that in the beemer I forget all of the road rules, how to indicate, and all sorts!

Actually, on the indicating thing, they are wired up wrong on a beemer - no kidding!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    prowla said:
    I've got 3 cars, one of them being a BMW; I just find that in the beemer I forget all of the road rules, how to indicate, and all sorts!

Actually, on the indicating thing, they are wired up wrong on a beemer - no kidding!
    They're hateful aren't they.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Ive always found the most clueless, cant do a fecking thing right in a car drivers to be the school run mums in a 4x4, they should have dedicated lanes and huge car parking spaces specifically for them only.
    Every school-run mum should have their 4x4 confiscated and given an old Austin Metro. Problem solved.
  • danodano Frets: 1579
    I guess there must be good A3 drivers, yes.
    I drive my A3 2L TDI like a monk to get 62mpg on my commute. 

• fandango said:
    Ive always found the most clueless, cant do a fecking thing right in a car drivers to be the school run mums in a 4x4, they should have dedicated lanes and huge car parking spaces specifically for them only.
    Every school-run mum should have their 4x4 confiscated and given an old Austin Metro. Problem solved.
    problem solved only if the Austin metro is too old to start
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • dano said:
    Commuting is a big part of the problem. Why drive to an office to do a computer based deskbound job that you could just as easily do from home? We shouldn't have to "commute"!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    Isn't car software written according to a very strict framework though, a bit like aviation software?

Iso 26262 for cars and DO-178 for aircraft are two typical standards. Ive worked to them both.

They stop people writing and releasing any code they fancy. 
    dano said:
    Commuting is a big part of the problem. Why drive to an office to do a computer based deskbound job that you could just as easily do from home? We shouldn't have to "commute"!
    'Cause I don't have a £10M technology lab at home.
  • dano said:
    dano said:
    'Cause I don't have a £10M technology lab at home.
    If you need hands-on use of the kit, then you have no choice but to drive there. I (and many others I suspect) might just as well log on from home and save on the travel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom