Thinking of selling my tatty old 1979 Marshall 4x12. sell as is or sell speakers separately ?!

riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
ive got a tatty Marshall 4x12 that's loaded with a set of nice original 1979 g1265's.
the cab is tatty but solid , I've added new corners and wheels. Minus points is someone cut a hole in the back to fit one of those horrible mono / stereo jackplates . They did a crap job of it so I've had to fix the hole (with ply) and add a decent jack plate. 

Im wondering if I'd get more for it if I sell the speakers seperately . I reckon I paid around £250 for the cab .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    Yes, you will get more. The downside is the hassle and that you might find it hard to sell the empty cabinet.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:
    Yes, you will get more. The downside is the hassle and that you might find it hard to sell the empty cabinet.
    yes, but you could always get some more speakers for it :)