Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    I've only just got a pro controller and I'm very glad I did.  Long sessions on Zelda no longer result in my left hand/forearm cramping and I can actually hit the "-" button without moving the left analogue stick.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 840
    mattdavis said:
    We bought a Switch for kids for christmas. Bloody fantastic and so glad we got this rather than PS4 - the tone of the games is perfect for them (6 and 9 y/o). Mario a big hit. BOTW is a bit too immersive for a 9 year old but I fancy a go myself :-)
    Anyone know if there are plans for updated versions of older classic Nintendo games? I loved playing some Game and Watch sims on the 3DS and old NES games. 
    Lots of old NES games are coming out and Super Mario Bros is out already. Hopefully the Virtual Console will have SNES and NES games on there.  

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/mario_bros_to_kick_off_arcade_archives_range_on_nintendo_switch

Anyone gonna get Super Meat Boy?
    I missed that - thanks. Haven’t got round to downloading stuff yet. Just using the cartridges. Day off today so just had an hour on Zelda without kids around. Absolutely bloody fantastic. Finally getting the hang of the controls and the fact you don’t have to kill everything in sight. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    Some interesting stuff - especially happy to see dark souls coming to the switch.

Still no virtual console though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    Yeah, all good stuff. I'm not too concerned about VC (though obviously would rather have it sooner than later!). They had 14 Nintendo Directs in 2017, so the next one won't be too far off.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SNK Tag Team Frenzy looks great!

• Yeah, all good stuff. I'm not too concerned about VC (though obviously would rather have it sooner than later!). They had 14 Nintendo Directs in 2017, so the next one won't be too far off.
    Not only that but mini-directs seemed to be followed by a proper direct a few weeks later (there was an interesting post on reddit about it). The rationale being, do the mini direct so it doesn't get blown away by the big direct later on. I expect it will be virtual console/new online service related, although there is always the hope for Smash/Metroid etc.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    Yeah, all good stuff. I'm not too concerned about VC (though obviously would rather have it sooner than later!). They had 14 Nintendo Directs in 2017, so the next one won't be too far off.
    Not only that but mini-directs seemed to be followed by a proper direct a few weeks later (there was an interesting post on reddit about it). The rationale being, do the mini direct so it doesn't get blown away by the big direct later on. I expect it will be virtual console/new online service related, although there is always the hope for Smash/Metroid etc.
    Yeah, I saw that Reddit post too. Fingers crossed!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Just wanna say if youre into platformers and never played Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, do yourself a favour and get it on Switch when it releases. It's bloody brilliant! 
  • Me and my lad have been playing NBA Playgrounds for a good hour and half tonight.. we love it..

cannot wait for Mario Tennis(although I really wish they would redo N64 Mario Golf), Kirby, Luigi Balloon and will give Payday 2 a go, never had on other consoles so it will be like a new game to me.

Wonder if they wonder consider redoing N64 Pilotwings too..
  • Me and my lad have been playing NBA Playgrounds for a good hour and half tonight.. we love it..

cannot wait for Mario Tennis(although I really wish they would redo N64 Mario Golf), Kirby, Luigi Balloon and will give Payday 2 a go, never had on other consoles so it will be like a new game to me.

Gamecube mario golf was very good too.

As for pilot wings, one of my favourites from SNES and N64. I was almost tempted to get a 3DS to play the pilot wings resort game - but at least it shows they don't consider it a dead franchise.

Gamecube mario golf was very good too.

As for pilot wings, one of my favourites from SNES and N64. I was almost tempted to get a 3DS to play the pilot wings resort game - but at least it shows they don't consider it a dead franchise.
    3DS Pilotwings was rubbish.. it really was.. and no cannon target minigame = instant fail
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I really want this.

• DanR said:
    I really want this.

How in gods great earth has this passed me by...... downloading as I type, so many memories of my youth..

https://youtu.be/Gc9wSjDRMJ4
  • Anyone got Super Meatboy?
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Anyone got Super Meatboy?
    Is it the same as 360 version.

If so its uber hard but very good.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    Considering sending my PS4 back for one of these...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DanR said:
    Anyone got Super Meatboy?
    Is it the same as 360 version.

If so its uber hard but very good.
    I think it's the same, apart from the soundtrack.

Well, I got it for the mere sum of £11.99.  You're right, it is hard, but it's a lot of fun.  I'm only on level 2 so far, but it's a good laugh.  It's one game I will keep coming back to for sure.  
  • Nintendo are planning something for later on today - https://www.facebook.com/NintendoUK/photos/a.925166177577664.1073741828.327378310689790/1652307508196857/?type=3&theater

I'm hoping it's going to be Virtual Console.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Whatever it is it'll have to be good to get me off Zelda.

My missus has been playing it on Wii U for a couple of months now, and absolutely raving about it - so much she got me a Switch copy for Christmas.

Anyway, she's only right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom