Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

What's Hot
AmmeoAmmeo Frets: 87
edited January 2018 in Off Topic
I dont do such posts but after having 2 terrible first and second time experiences with gear4music.com in which they delayed both my orders by months i am notifying others to stay away from this scam online vendor. They dont have items in stock and would make you wait for months for the item to be shipped as it happened with me. Whatever musical instrument you wanna buy online just dont go for them. 

Just dont go for this nightmare of a seller or you will regret like me. Mods plzz keep this post up cause i dont want others to get into the hassle i got into.

Btw there have been a huge amount of complaints on their Facebook page. Seems i am not the only one. 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Gear4music/reviews/
2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1778
    You say you don't do such posts but you've joined here specifically to post this. Hmm.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AmmeoAmmeo Frets: 87
    the_jaffa said:
    You say you don't do such posts but you've joined here specifically to post this. Hmm.
    Cause i dont go after any company or seller but this seller made me do such rant for the first time probably because of the way they treated me as a customer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31368
    I've been using them for years with no problems, just for a bit of balance. 

Do you work for a rival by any chance? 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I bought a cab from them just after Christmas - it was listed as B-stock and I fully accept that I chose to buy it on that basis, but in my opinion the reason for that should have been clearly stated as it was more serious than just something that had been returned or with a minor cosmetic defect - it had a bodged repair. The vinyl had started to come off the back, and someone had tried to repair it with superglue which had made it worse.

I couldn’t actually be bothered to complain since it’s just on the back and I fixed it in five minutes with a staple gun and some tape, but it would make me wary about buying from them again.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27585
    I've used them a few times with no problems.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    No problems here either. Their customer service has always been very good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeillNeill Frets: 941
    I've never used them but by coincidence just this afternoon I have ordered some stuff, small items I couldn't get from one of my usual suppliers. I'm slightly worried now that they may not have these items either, it sounds like stock control isn't their forte.  

TBH apart from the likes of GAK, Andertons etc I would always ring the shop if it was a guitar, amp FX etc and ask them can you actually see the item I am ordering before committing myself.  With price matching pretty universal there's no need to take a risk on an unknown supplier, it's when it's an item out of stock that another outlet claims to have and that's why I would always check first.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I’ve used them dozens of times and never had an issue, they have a bricks and mortar shop as well with helpful knowledgeable staff - mostly local musicians.   
    Sorry to hear you’ve had a problem but they’ll still be my first choice.   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    Bought an idiopan for mum in law on there, took 4 weeks as the website incorrectly said in stock. I won't avoid them but won't use them if I have a similar priced alternative either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • As long as items are in stock I have never had issues with them at all, even had to use their warranty service one and it was fine.
    Here is my case. 

My first order was a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD USB Audio Interface ordered on 20th November 2017 ( Order no W2199923 ) with shipping date given near 30th November. On 27th November i received an email telling me the shipping date has been delayed to 13th December with which i was ok. Came December and i received a 2nd email telling me that the shipping date has been stretched now to 2nd February 2018, A whole 50 more days and total delay close to near 70 days. I instantly cancelled my order. Its been 32 days and that money is still stuck in the pipeline and will be released on 19th January.

Now come my 2nd order (order no W2318881) which is the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD USB Audio Interface this time. I decided to give them a 2nd chance and asked them about the Behringer 204's availability before i could order so that i dont get the delays this time. I sent the email on 18th December inquiring about the availability of the Behringer 204. On 19th December i got the reply that the product is available and ready to ship. I instantly ordered on the same day ( 19th December). Now comes the 2nd waves of delays. Got my first order delay message on my order no W2318881 on 27th December saying order has been delayed by 1 week. Then got my 2nd order delay message saying order has been further delayed to 10 January and 3 days ago got my 3rd order delay message saying order has been even further delayed to 26 January. 

THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE FOR A CUSTOMER. SUCH SERVICES SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN ASAP. i CANT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH FRUSTRATED I AM NOW.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    My frustration also comes from the fact that they told me beforehand that the item is available and ready to be shipped. I live in Asia so it had to take 10 days for the item to come via DHL. 
    I had ordered on 19th December, the same day they assured me that the item is available to ship. They blatantly lied about the product's availability which is the part that angered me the most. Why lie when you dont have the product in stock in first place.

Here are the screenshots of when they assured me on 19th December 2017 that the item is available and ready for shipping and another screenshot showing the details of the order that i did on the same day for the item on 19th December, 2017 after their assurance email. 

https://ibb.co/dBVkgm

https://ibb.co/dDyhSR
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3038
    Father in law bought a keyboard from them last week. He also paid for next day delivery. Never turned up the next day so he phoned up and they said that they couldn't guarantee next day delivery. After pointing out that if they couldn't guarantee something then they shouldn't be offering it, they refunded him the delivery charges and he got the keyboard 2 days later. 

I wouldn't bother with them personally, sounds like the kind of crap GuitarGuitar would pull every time I tried buying something from them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    OP you might want to edit those screen grabs - they contain your email and postal address. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Stevepage said:
    Father in law bought a keyboard from them last week. He also paid for next day delivery. Never turned up the next day so he phoned up and they said that they couldn't guarantee next day delivery. After pointing out that if they couldn't guarantee something then they shouldn't be offering it, they refunded him the delivery charges.......

No courier/mail company 'guarantees' next day delivery. It's not physically possible. If you read the small print, although they might say "Guaranteed next day delivery", in the next breath, they say "if your parcel isn't delivered the next day, we'll refund your money."

Looking at the G4M website, it doesn't state that next day delivery is guaranteed, and in fact it does say that delivery estimates "cannot be guaranteed". I think your FIL was being a bit harsh to say that they shouldn't offer things they can't guarantee.

I've used G4M a few times, and had generally good service. In the case of problems, I've found them reasonably keen to make things right.

What happened with the OP would happen anywhere, after all the retailer is at the mercy of the manufacturer's or distributor's delivery estimates.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 275
    Have they offered you an explanation as to why there were delays to the original dates quoted for each item?
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    edited January 2018
    the_jaffa said:
    What's more, our friend joined Ultimate Guitar to whine about things and has been banned already. 

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/redirect/post?p=34963750

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512782

Our friend has also got previous in whining across a range of forums. 

http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/other-hosting-forums/32002-gandi-net-scammed-me.html#post286792

http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/other-hosting-forums/32002-gandi-net-scammed-me.html

OP, you say in your email shots that you're a Homo Sapian Vegan. I have two questions for you:

1) Have you ever been interested in architectural photography?

2) Have you ever been a distributor for Sharptone FX?

Calling @TTony, let loose the banhammer. 

7reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The OP is located in India ... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    edited January 2018
    I find this information very useful. Judging by the OP's story and FB comments I will be wary of this vendor. So thank-you @Ammeo

BTW - @Heartfeltdawn Please don't use the lazy pejoratives "whine" and "whining". These seem to be used more and more to dismiss people unthinkingly - these are words popular with Trump, Farage and other right-wing bigots. Just so you know B

OP - have some wisdom points.

6reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • So....he clearly does do such posts....

For what it's worth, I've used G4M a number of times, both for immediate payment and stuff on finance, and while I've had delays of a couple of days here and there, nothing that I'd bother signing up to a forum to complain about.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom