Recommendation for an electric guitar hanger? Hercules GSP3WB sucks!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    I'm just about to fit my Hercules hangers. I've got 60mm screws going in to the joists. If I happen to hit a hollow space then I've got tons of screw in plasterboard fixings I can use.
    I fit blinds for a living and those fixings keep even the heaviest blinds up, even with 30mm screws.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I thought you wanted an 'electric', guitar hanger. I thought to myself, well, there'd be a thing!

• I don' like the hercules ones at all I think their crap n infact I gave three away on here. 
    I just use the cheap ebay ones mounted to a wooded rail. I've had no bother at all
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    I have 6 of the Konig & Mayer ones, mounted on a masonry wall:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Konig-Meyer-16280-000-95-Holder-Guitar/dp/B003XNI1YS/ref=sr_1_23?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1515847073&sr=1-23&keywords=konig+meyer

They've been up for 10 years or more now, still rock solid.  Also no ill-effects with nitro finishes.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    I use Hercules slat wall hangers...no issues so far.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • I don' like the hercules ones at all I think their crap n infact I gave three away on here. 
    I just use the cheap ebay ones mounted to a wooded rail. I've had no bother at all
    No one cares about gretsch guitars though :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    Rule 1 of DIY: Never use the screws that come with a wall-mounting thing.

My wife still makes me laugh by reminding me of my first ever bit of DIY when we bought our first flat back in the 80's. I put up a 4-way coathook in the hall and used the two screws that were supplied with it. Looked great and we happily loaded it up with all our coats. Sadly it fell off the wall overnight when the wallplugs pulled out of the plaster.

I learned my lesson that day and now I always use the largest possible screws I can when fixing anything to a wall. Nothing else has ever fallen off :-)