edited January 2018 in Off Topic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    That must have been scary.

How do you accidentally send that?
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533
    I got the BBC news report notification on my phone and that was enough to freak me out a little. I couldn’t imagine what it’d be like to receive it for real.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599
    Well WWIII hasn't started, they must have hidden the nuclear codes from the Commander In Chief.
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    They got caught out a bit in the last world war, obviously determined to be early for the next one.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Nightmare! I had painted myself white to deflect the blast and hid under the kitchen table. It's taken me ages to clean the paint off.

what a palaver

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533
    edited January 2018
    This did make me smile though:

"Jamie Malapit, owner of a Honolulu hair salon, texted clients to say he was cancelling their appointments and closing his shop for the day, AP reports."

I would have just stood there and fudged my pants.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    On Military exercise one of my colleagues accidentally sent a Charlie Charlie one message (to all call signs on the exercise) for a Nuclear attack . 6000 people were severely f****d off as they had to climb into their NBC clothing. He got in serious s**t.

I can only imagine how much trouble this idiot got in, I bet it scared some people half to death. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    On Military exercise one of my colleagues accidentally sent a Charlie Charlie one message (to all call signs on the exercise) for a Nuclear attack . 6000 people were severely f****d off as they had to climb into their NBC clothing. He got in serious s**t.

I can only imagine how much trouble this idiot got in, I bet it scared some people half to death. 
    I take it that sending such a message doesn't involve pressing a big brown button. 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    ThorpyFX said:

Actually I'd imagine it's a borderline miracle no-one was killed or seriously hurt, maybe they were.

Panicked people are incredibly dangerous.  People usually cope very well indeed in these kind of situations fortunately, so hopefully the news reports of "panic" are a bit exaggerated.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:

I take it that sending such a message doesn't involve pressing a big brown button. 
    It was actually one mouse click.....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    mice? in the army? wow I must be old, when I was in the only computers we had were abacuses. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018 tFB Trader
    VimFuego said:
    mice? in the army? wow I must be old, when I was in the only computers we had were abacuses. 
    It’s now the digital battlefield...... although there is Still nothing digital about bullets. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    is it a lot less cold, wet and muddy now? Cos my main memories are of cold, wet and mud. Oh and being tired. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11673
    VimFuego said:
    is it a lot less cold, wet and muddy now? Cos my main memories are of cold, wet and mud. Oh and being tired. 
    I suspect that whatever happens, wars will ultimately always come down to the actions of the cold, wet, muddy infantrymen, just like they always have.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Is there a nuclear war alert app available?
  • ThorpyFX said:
    ThorpyFX said:

It was actually one mouse click.....
    Specially trained battlefield mice? 

Better than a Territorial hamster. 

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Sassafras said:
    Is there a nuclear war alert app available?
    Yes. Facebook

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    ThorpyFX said:

Actually I'd imagine it's a borderline miracle no-one was killed or seriously hurt, maybe they were.

Panicked people are incredibly dangerous.  People usually cope very well indeed in these kind of situations fortunately, so hopefully the news reports of "panic" are a bit exaggerated.
    Yes, like "panic buying".
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    joeyowen said:
    That must have been scary.

How do you accidentally send that?
    Oh, you know how it is. You send an email off in the heat of the moment, and then the next morning you think “hmm, perhaps I could have worded that better”.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    I wonder how many people acted out their "if the four minute warning goes off" fantasy ?  Kick the boss's office door in, punch him in the face and shit on his desk in front of him whilst you get your wife on speakerphone to tell her you've been banging her sister for the past fifteen years.

...then the "Sorry! - false alarm!" message comes through.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom