Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I used them once a long time ago and won't again. Trying to pass off a damaged second hand item as new. I got my money back.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I've used Gear 4 Music multiple times (to buy stuff somewhat cheaper than GAK or Andertons could offer) and never had a problem, although I guess I could just be very lucky as I've also never had a problem using Hot Rox who some say are awful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Octafish said:
    a problem using Hot Rox 
    Now there's a company I could sign up to many forums to post complaints about!  (except I didn't... I just posted a thread on this forum and never used them again)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • If HFD is sniffing something in the air, one can be fairly confident that there is something in the air worth paying attention to...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Octafish said:
    I've used Gear 4 Music multiple times (to buy stuff somewhat cheaper than GAK or Andertons could offer) and never had a problem, although I guess I could just be very lucky as I've also never had a problem using Hot Rox who some say are awful.
    I’ve ordered from hotrox twice before, and both times I’ve had issues with my order.

To their credit they sorted it out in the end on both occasions, but it was a lot of hassle.

I think they’re nice guys, just very disorganised.
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    I got my tenor sax from them, their shop is great. Asked for one, they brought a brand new one from the stockroom and let me look at it before viewing. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27581
    Philtre said:

BTW - @Heartfeltdawn Please don't use the lazy pejoratives "whine" and "whining". These seem to be used more and more to dismiss people unthinkingly - these are words popular with Trump, Farage and other right-wing bigots. Just so you know B

OP - have some wisdom points.

If you're going to play the moral high-ground card, don't then employ cheap digs, for example implying that the person you're differing with is a bigot.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    edited January 2018
    Used them LOADS of times, always with great service, and easy returns.  Just offering balance...
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    edited January 2018
    Thanks once again, OP. Good to know.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    Bought a shed  load of stuff for school from them. Always on time, always brilliant service. 

This smells a little of "buy a bad review for my competitors" contracting. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    I visited their actually shop in York a few months ago with £2k in my pocket not one lazy sod could be bothered to deal with me. Made eye contact asked for some assistance got told in a second mate I’m a bit busy. F@ck em if you ask me went to musicroom in York centre and they where fantastic. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Maynehead said:
    Octafish said:
    I’ve ordered from hotrox twice before, and both times I’ve had issues with my order.

To their credit they sorted it out in the end on both occasions, but it was a lot of hassle.

I think they’re nice guys, just very disorganised.
    Yeah, I did have some corroded strings from them once, but they sorted it asap,sent me a discount code and were very helpful.
  • Ammeo said:
    Here is my case. 

My first order was a Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD USB Audio Interface ordered on 20th November 2017 ( Order no W2199923 ) with shipping date given near 30th November. On 27th November i received an email telling me the shipping date has been delayed to 13th December with which i was ok. Came December and i received a 2nd email telling me that the shipping date has been stretched now to 2nd February 2018, A whole 50 more days and total delay close to near 70 days. I instantly cancelled my order. Its been 32 days and that money is still stuck in the pipeline and will be released on 19th January.

Now come my 2nd order (order no W2318881) which is the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD USB Audio Interface this time. I decided to give them a 2nd chance and asked them about the Behringer 204's availability before i could order so that i dont get the delays this time. I sent the email on 18th December inquiring about the availability of the Behringer 204. On 19th December i got the reply that the product is available and ready to ship. I instantly ordered on the same day ( 19th December). Now comes the 2nd waves of delays. Got my first order delay message on my order no W2318881 on 27th December saying order has been delayed by 1 week. Then got my 2nd order delay message saying order has been further delayed to 10 January and 3 days ago got my 3rd order delay message saying order has been even further delayed to 26 January. 

THIS IS JUST A NIGHTMARE FOR A CUSTOMER. SUCH SERVICES SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN ASAP. i CANT DESCRIBE HOW MUCH FRUSTRATED I AM NOW.
    Fucking hell, get a hobby.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    edited January 2018

Philtre said:
    I find this information very useful. Judging by the OP's story and FB comments I will be wary of this vendor. So thank-you @Ammeo

BTW - @Heartfeltdawn Please don't use the lazy pejoratives "whine" and "whining". These seem to be used more and more to dismiss people unthinkingly - these are words popular with Trump, Farage and other right-wing bigots. Just so you know B

OP - have some wisdom points.

@Philtre ;;;;

For the benefit of yourself, I'll explain how I arrived at such a decision.

1. You will be aware from the screenshots the OP supplied that his email address is clearly visible. A small Google search threw up enough results to make for interesting reading. Try it for yourself with the email taken off. "Amadnaeem86" throws up some high quality complaining elsewhere that I have already posted.  

2. Our new forum poster joined Ultimate Guitar on January 10th this year to complain about G4m. Two posts later he was banned. 

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/amadnaeem86/

Generally people banned that quickly when posting so little tend to fall in the eejit category rather quickly. Presumably he was banned for necrobumping a thread that hadn't been active for six years. 

3. You can also go for a Google image search on his avatar. Two results come back: one complains about vaping fluids from one company, the other complains about vaping fluids from a different company two days later (check the comments at the end).

4. You may also wish to consider the OP's post above from 3:33pm:

"
    Cause i dont go after any company or seller but this seller made me do such rant for the first time probably because of the way they treated me as a customer."

This is demonstrably untrue given that he has ranted on another website and we can see him ranting about other companies online elsewhere, in one case as early as 2014. In the matter of his dispute with ghandi.net, the same comment was reposted across a variety of fora. 

Now with that small but concentrated barrage of online complaining, I felt that describing him as a whiner was perfectly apt. 

Having addressed the OP, it is now time to address your accusation of bigotry. Presumably you believe that I am mocking him because he comes from India and so decided to put some some passive-aggressive racist labels in my direction. That is not the case in any way: I am mocking him based on the evidence I have gathered regarding his claims as to being a non-serial complainant. 

On the matter of Trump and Farage and other right-wing bigots: there are several words associated with these people and quite often these words can be soaked in vulgarity. There is the temptation to use some of these heinous words with reference to your good self but that course of action that would drag me down to your level of non-evidence based accusatory behaviour.

Oh well. When in Rome etc... you big arse

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 22reaction image Wisdom
  • @Philtre ;

And if you care to Google his text from this site, you'll see that he's posted the same thing on Muff Wiggler and on KVR.

Google is my playground

• From our new forumite over at Muff Wiggler:

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194536&sid=bb2dd975405177f6dea7d990a348da78

"Yup, i also recently found out Gear4Music also sends used items labelled as new and often those items are returns from previous orders due to defects. I actually live in a shitty country called Pakistan and audio interfaces are not sold here in first place. Gear4Music was the only site i could find that was shipping to Pakistan."

If he lives in Pakistan, then why does his Fretboard profile as created at 3.27pm today say he's from India? 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/profile/17864/Ammeo

There's also him posting the same shit here on Thursday:

http://ocremix.org/community/profile/35071-ammeo/

Given that our new forumite also claims that "
    They also seem to be buying fake good reviews on trustpilot.com to deceive potential customers" in his Muff Wiggler postings, I'd say that he's gone from complaining into libel. 

• I am of course living in the hope that our new forum member is actually a vodka-fuelled Richard from Richards Guitars.  

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I am of course living in the hope that our new forum member is actually a vodka-fuelled Richard from Richards Guitars.  
    I imagine Richard would pass out after a couple of vodkas.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AmmeoAmmeo Frets: 87
    the_jaffa said:
    You say you don't do such posts but you've joined here specifically to post this. Hmm.
    What's more, our friend joined Ultimate Guitar to whine about things and has been banned already. 

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/redirect/post?p=34963750

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512782

Our friend has also got previous in whining across a range of forums. 

http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/other-hosting-forums/32002-gandi-net-scammed-me.html#post286792

http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/other-hosting-forums/32002-gandi-net-scammed-me.html

OP, you say in your email shots that you're a Homo Sapian Vegan. I have two questions for you:

1) Have you ever been interested in architectural photography?

2) Have you ever been a distributor for Sharptone FX?

Calling @TTony, let loose the banhammer. 
    Just because i did complain about a service 3 years ago dont mean i never do such posts. I am not like one of those phonies who get scammed and then stay silent. I have more than 150 online orders done in the last 3 years from around the world  from more than 60 sellers but i dont go on all forums complaining about each and everyone. The ones that cross the limit of customer dis- satisfaction then deserve a thrashing like i did here. Just thank me there are people like me who alarm others of online scam sellers and dont just stay silent. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Show us some of your guitars @Ammeo ;
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom