Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Beware of Gear4Music.com while purchasing musical instruments

What's Hot

Comments

• Ammeo said:
    Just because i did complain about a service 3 years ago dont mean i never do such posts. I am not like one of those phonies who get scammed and then stay silent. I have more than 150 online orders done in the last 3 years from around the world  from more than 60 sellers but i dont go on all forums complaining about each and everyone. The ones that cross the limit of customer dis- satisfaction then deserve a thrashing like i did here. Just thank me there are people like me who alarm others of online scam sellers and dont just stay silent. 
    Ammeo, what country do you live in? 

"but i dont go on all forums complaining about each and everyone" - no, you just go on about six different forums complaining about this situation. 

I thank whatever god I don't actually believe in that there are people like you out there willing to amuse me thoroughly before my girlfriend gets back from work. Tell you what, I'm going to pop out to the balcony for a cigarette. I'll be back in about six minutes for more tricks and spills. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    Show us some of your guitars @Ammeo ;
    :)
    Ammeo asked me to post this up on his behalf to prove his identity. 

https://www.guitar-muse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2u7q6924-smaller.jpg

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AmmeoAmmeo Frets: 87
    Ammeo said:
    Just because i did complain about a service 3 years ago dont mean i never do such posts. I am not like one of those phonies who get scammed and then stay silent. I have more than 150 online orders done in the last 3 years from around the world  from more than 60 sellers but i dont go on all forums complaining about each and everyone. The ones that cross the limit of customer dis- satisfaction then deserve a thrashing like i did here. Just thank me there are people like me who alarm others of online scam sellers and dont just stay silent. 
    Ammeo, what country do you live in? 

"but i dont go on all forums complaining about each and everyone" - no, you just go on about six different forums complaining about this situation. 

I thank whatever god I don't actually believe in that there are people like you out there willing to amuse me thoroughly before my girlfriend gets back from work. Tell you what, I'm going to pop out to the balcony for a cigarette. I'll be back in about six minutes for more tricks and spills. 

And btw India and Pakistan are bordered countries. Just because i am currently living in Pakistan doesnt mean i cant be from India.  A Canadian living in US doesnt mean he is Canadian no more. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    edited January 2018
    Ammeo said:
    And btw India and Pakistan are bordered countries. Just because i am currently living in Pakistan doesnt mean i cant be from India.  A Canadian living in US doesnt mean he is Canadian no more. 
    Oh yes it does. They actually remove the maple syrup gland from every Canadian who leaves for the Yankee dollar. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    I have used G4m for stuff a few times, cases and the like.  Always do what they say

but I will say, go on eBay and search for broken guitars.  Let’s just say the must drop a few of those boxes they shift
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    edited January 2018
    Ammeo said:
    Ammeo, as a devoted cricket watcher I'm quite well aware of the India-Pakistan border situation and the fun of all that. Rest assured I am not having a dig at you for any geographical reasons. It's simply very peculiar for you to join several different forums to complain about this issue and even more peculiar when one of those forums, Drowned in Sound, is full of indie pop wastrels who wouldn't know a Behringer audio interface from one of the flowers carried near Morrissey's rectum. 

But wait. Mocking is over. 

Here's a question: did you eventually get an audio interface? If not, then I'd be happy to help you. Seriously, if there's a way of getting an interface to you, then I'd help. 

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Ammeo said:
      Just thank me there are people like me who alarm others of online scam sellers and dont just stay silent. 

Whatever G4M are (a bit inept, not coping with the Christmas rush very well, having a bad month, a bit too trusting of their suppliers...) I don't think it's fair to hurl accusations of scamming at them.

We are actually very good on this forum at alerting people to genuine scammers*, and discussing providers of poor service in a reasoned manner.

*- Heartfeltdawn is rather good at this. I'd rather thank him than you ;)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9444
    Ammeo said:
    the_jaffa said:
    You say you don't do such posts but you've joined here specifically to post this. Hmm.
    What's more, our friend joined Ultimate Guitar to whine about things and has been banned already. 

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/redirect/post?p=34963750

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1512782

Our friend has also got previous in whining across a range of forums. 

http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/other-hosting-forums/32002-gandi-net-scammed-me.html#post286792

http://www.webhostchat.co.uk/other-hosting-forums/32002-gandi-net-scammed-me.html

OP, you say in your email shots that you're a Homo Sapian Vegan. I have two questions for you:

1) Have you ever been interested in architectural photography?

2) Have you ever been a distributor for Sharptone FX?

Calling @TTony, let loose the banhammer. 
    I am so bored of these pedantic little twats that keep appearing... full of self righteous lies and bullshit...

The tone is SO familiar -like some of the more roscent, sorry, recent ones we’ve had...

Move on and foxtrot oscar
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8599

Philtre said:
    I find this information very useful. Judging by the OP's story and FB comments I will be wary of this vendor. So thank-you @Ammeo

BTW - @Heartfeltdawn Please don't use the lazy pejoratives "whine" and "whining". These seem to be used more and more to dismiss people unthinkingly - these are words popular with Trump, Farage and other right-wing bigots. Just so you know B

OP - have some wisdom points.

@Philtre ;;;;

For the benefit of yourself, I'll explain how I arrived at such a decision.

1. You will be aware from the screenshots the OP supplied that his email address is clearly visible. A small Google search threw up enough results to make for interesting reading. Try it for yourself with the email taken off. "Amadnaeem86" throws up some high quality complaining elsewhere that I have already posted.  

2. Our new forum poster joined Ultimate Guitar on January 10th this year to complain about G4m. Two posts later he was banned. 

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/amadnaeem86/

Generally people banned that quickly when posting so little tend to fall in the eejit category rather quickly. Presumably he was banned for necrobumping a thread that hadn't been active for six years. 

3. You can also go for a Google image search on his avatar. Two results come back: one complains about vaping fluids from one company, the other complains about vaping fluids from a different company two days later (check the comments at the end).

4. You may also wish to consider the OP's post above from 3:33pm:

"Cause i dont go after any company or seller but this seller made me do such rant for the first time probably because of the way they treated me as a customer."

This is demonstrably untrue given that he has ranted on another website and we can see him ranting about other companies online elsewhere, in one case as early as 2014. In the matter of his dispute with ghandi.net, the same comment was reposted across a variety of fora. 

Now with that small but concentrated barrage of online complaining, I felt that describing him as a whiner was perfectly apt. 

Excellent detective work Holmes! It would be more impressive if you had deduced all this from cigar ash and mud on his shoes, but good work all the same.
    I'll wager that Moriarty has a hand in this dastardly business.  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I've always found G4M pretty good actually.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    edited January 2018
    I've ordered a few things from there before, I think one pedal I ordered was out of stock but I only had to wait a few days for it. Apart from that I can't recall any major issues.
    Ammeo said:
    Ammeo, as a devoted cricket watcher I'm quite well aware of the India-Pakistan border situation and the fun of all that. Rest assured I am not having a dig at you for any geographical reasons. It's simply very peculiar for you to join several different forums to complain about this issue and even more peculiar when one of those forums, Drowned in Sound, is full of indie pop wastrels who wouldn't know a Behringer audio interface from one of the flowers carried near Morrissey's rectum. 

But wait. Mocking is over. 

Here's a question: did you eventually get an audio interface? If not, then I'd be happy to help you. Seriously, if there's a way of getting an interface to you, then I'd help. 

I didnt get the audio interface yet and im in desperate need for it. I tried to find the behringer audio interface on aliexpress too but not a single seller there is selling behringer interfaces. Atleast those aliexpress merchants are honest about the unavailability of behringer interface unlike G4M who wasted 2 months for me. 

If you could help i will be very thankful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

I am so bored of these pedantic little twats that keep appearing... full of self righteous lies and bullshit...

The tone is SO familiar -like some of the more roscent, sorry, recent ones we’ve had...

Move on and foxtrot oscar

Why are you so butthurt? Didnt your mom give you a lollipop today? :D
    4reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    We have a Gear4Music employee on the forum don’t we?
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited January 2018
    Always had a good experience with them..
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    edited January 2018
    Generally I have had a good experience but I recently bought one of those Subzero 20R amps off of them recently and the name stuck in my head for some reason and then I remembered Andy at RAT Valve amps made a post about them being potentially lethal:

http://ratvalveamps.com/subzero-tube-20r

I unscrewed the back of the cabinet and sure as sugar the cabinet screws were touching the components like in the 2nd picture.  I just packed it up and sent it back, I told them what the issue was and referred them to the above link but they just accepted it as an unwanted return and refunded me my money. 

They appear to be quite a big, multi national operation, larger than Andertons would be as they have outlets in other European countries, they were nice enough but didn't seem too bothered.
  • grungebob said:
    I visited their actually shop in York a few months ago with £2k in my pocket not one lazy sod could be bothered to deal with me. Made eye contact asked for some assistance got told in a second mate I’m a bit busy. F@ck em if you ask me went to musicroom in York centre and they where fantastic. 
    Actually the service in the shop IS cack...I can back that up. Online though? No problemo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7731
    edited January 2018
    It's all downhill after the good old days of 9,999 members
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16004
    It's Taylor Swift in disguise................"Haters gonna Hate...yeah ,yeah ,yeah"
  • StavrosStavros Frets: 328
    My experience with G4M in York....

Went in on a Saturday afternoon to try a few guitars out, they were very busy but with a bit of patience was served by a young lad, who I have to say was extremely patient and helpful, I tried about six or seven guitars and he had to fetch some of those from the stockroom. I bought an American Special strat in white.

Next day I noticed a tiny split in the fretboard, so returned it the next day, absolutely no problems exchanging it except they only had sunburst finish. It was almost closing so didn’t get it out of the box until later in the week, then dropped it in to Single Coil in Leeds to be set up. Then went on two weeks holiday.

Now I know this sounds ridiculous but it was only then I noticed it wasn’t the HSS I wanted, but SSS! The box was labelled HSS, and had not been opened so definitely not G4M’s fault.

Again no problems, G4M arranged for it to be collected and exchanged. They also agreed (after a bit of negotiating) to refund the £45 set up cost.

The refund took ages to sort out because it turns out they had refunded the whole cost of the guitar into someone else’s account!!! 

But we got there in the end, so all good. 

Was the service perfect? No, all this took a couple of months - but I would definitely buy from them again because on balance, they could not have done much more to help.

I love my brick
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom