Fender Parallel Universe Series . . .

What's Hot

Comments

• I know two people that have partscasters that look a lot like the double cut tele, both have had them for a while and neither knows where they got the body with any certainty.  They're not exactly strat bodies but they are very efficient guitars.  I wouldn't want one but that's just me. 

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Sassafras said:
    On my screen they all seem to be extremely short-scale guitars.
    Not just my eyes then!

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Sassafras said:
    On my screen they all seem to be extremely short-scale guitars.
    That's what I thought. They all look a bit 'dinky' and small, like for a kid
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    Is that what they are calling them then?

just remember I named my les Paul the “Earth 2 ‘52” a couple of months ago. 

Fender are watching. ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I laughed out loud at the red one, hilarious! It reminds me of a less-well designed version of:

The rest of them just look like "Vintage" brand guitars.
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I love the trouble Tele and the Jazz Tele. The Jazz strat looks like something a boutique builder came up with and people would go nuts for, not my cup of tea though.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Gimicky nonsense, drivel

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I like the troublemaker Tele, the rest not so much.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I like the Jazz Tele, would prefer it with Tele pickups though.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I like the Jazz Tele.

Shelton Electric Instruments do a similar thing but with a Cabronita-style scratchplate, and a cutoff ashtray bridge, which is very nice.

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--CCIHLgaF--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1494222037/dhijg1tcgbpta0ha2sl5.jpg

I have to say, I think their take on it is better resolved than Fender. I do like the idea of having some fantastic Jazzmaster pickups without all the associated faff of a Jazzmaster like the weird bridge and trem etc.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7732
    Jazz tele is where it's at, gone
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Parallel universe? Presumably one with bad eyesight and no taste.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1254
    The red Stratuar/Jagcaster needs more work on the scratch plate (specifically the area around the pots). Other than that. Yeah, why not?

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Bucket said:
    I like the Jazz Tele.

Shelton Electric Instruments do a similar thing but with a Cabronita-style scratchplate, and a cutoff ashtray bridge, which is very nice.

https://images.reverb.com/image/upload/s--CCIHLgaF--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1494222037/dhijg1tcgbpta0ha2sl5.jpg

I have to say, I think their take on it is better resolved than Fender. I do like the idea of having some fantastic Jazzmaster pickups without all the associated faff of a Jazzmaster like the weird bridge and trem etc.
    Now that's nice

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Jeez.... and people think Marshall have lost the plot! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    I am more and more coming to think that these are great. A hit and miss collection for sure, and some very Wide misses indeed in my own opinion, but rather than a ‘new’ collection of limited edition strats and Tele’s with the most minor of tweaks, here’s a whole kitchen sink of parts reassembled in some pretty funky, imaginative ways.  

Jazzmaster trem on a tele? Why the hell not!?!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    JerkMoans said:

Jazzmaster trem on a tele? Why the hell not!?!
    Not least, because the rout is so close to the end of the guitar that the strap button can't be screwed into much. Drop it on the button and it will probably punch through into the cavity.

And because it looks shit.

I'm still hoping that these are just a Photoshopped joke and they're not actually guitars.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrumBobDrumBob Frets: 198
    Interesting offerings, but nothing earth shaking. Probably priced too high to attract serious buyers. I like the Meteora.
    USA Guitarist/Drummer, semi-pro working musician, music journalist, author, radio DJ. 
  • The Troublemaker Tele is quite nice, most of the others make me want to pour bleach into my eyes.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1756
    Hmm looks like the guy in marketing sold the board his great idea to make a load of new models with no r&d or cost for additional parts or supply chain requirements.

especially when your competitors are eating your lunch 

pretty sad idea
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom