Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solved: I Needed something that Fuzzes, but Isn't a Regular Fuzz Circuit?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

He is praised widely on here and TGP I'm sure. I think I'll take the Rufus off the board tomorrow, bung on the Bogner Wessex as a Sub until I get to bag one of your Fallout Clouds.

This is a question I should know the answer to really, but is the Muff tone associated with 70's Gilmour recordings and Floyd Live shows etc?

Thanks
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

He is praised widely on here and TGP I'm sure. I think I'll take the Rufus off the board tomorrow, bung on the Bogner Wessex as a Sub until I get to bag one of your Fallout Clouds.

This is a question I should know the answer to really, but is the Muff tone associated with 70's Gilmour recordings and Floyd Live shows etc?

Thanks
    Others would be able to answer better than me..... however as I understand it. The early albums were silicon fuzz face tones. Later albums were primarily the triangle and rams head big muff fuzz tones. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Thanks @ThorpyFX ;

Thanks
    Others would be able to answer better than me..... however as I understand it. The early albums were silicon fuzz face tones. Later albums were primarily the triangle and rams head big muff fuzz tones. 
    Ok, thanks. It sounds great anyway without me getting too forensic :) Covers a lot of ground in the demo.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    Sporky said:
    Well that will explain it... you called it a *Hyper* Fuzz so the words Ultra and Fuzz never appear in the same post, hence a search doesn’t find them!

:)

Ah well... if only I’d been looking for a spare Boss Hyper Fuzz at the time I might have found it ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• EHX have just released the Op Amp Big Muff. It’s a little different and designed with Billy Corgan. It’s very Siamese dreamy. 
  • Or there’s the Zander Circuity sciclone fuzz. It’s an awesome pedal with loads of tonal options. 
  • Well, you were correct @ThorpyFX I managed to trade my EQ Devices Dispatch Master for a Fallout Cloud...result, and it bloody works noiselessly with the Smooth Hound and an added bonus, it sounds awesome with my Wah, even though the Wah is before the Fuzz (My Wah is the first in chain as I like it off the board)

It's a good job Mary Whitehouse isn't around anymore as the pedal is pure Filth (In a good way), she'd ban it ;)

It really sings, I back it down to around 9 O'Clock as it's still got plenty of saturation.

Nice creation, thanks for solving my issue.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    edited November 2018
    Chris_J said:
    Hudson Broadcast?

Been loving mine since I got it 
    This ⬆︎ +1. Broadcast is between overdrive and fuzz and does both with the aplomb of the aplombiest thing ever. Since ever. Germanium glory of the highest order. Maybe higher. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Well, you were correct @ThorpyFX I managed to trade my EQ Devices Dispatch Master for a Fallout Cloud...result, and it bloody works noiselessly with the Smooth Hound and an added bonus, it sounds awesome with my Wah, even though the Wah is before the Fuzz (My Wah is the first in chain as I like it off the board)

It's a good job Mary Whitehouse isn't around anymore as the pedal is pure Filth (In a good way), she'd ban it ;)

It really sings, I back it down to around 9 O'Clock as it's still got plenty of saturation.

My absolute pleasure!!! So glad it hit the spot! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Well, you were correct @ThorpyFX I managed to trade my EQ Devices Dispatch Master for a Fallout Cloud...result, and it bloody works noiselessly with the Smooth Hound and an added bonus, it sounds awesome with my Wah, even though the Wah is before the Fuzz (My Wah is the first in chain as I like it off the board)

My absolute pleasure!!! So glad it hit the spot! 
    Now just wondering why a lot of the others can't replicate the same result  B)