30ish watts amp with a lead boost / channel with marshally drive tones ??

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72296
    @ICBM got my eye on a rocker 30 combo that's for sale locally , I'm hoping "collection only " will put enough people off so I can get it cheap.
    one of my friends is selling a. Marshall jcm900 mkiii too .
    Try them both if you can - they're very different, and you've been round this question so many times that only you can tell which one is the right solution, if either is!

The Rocker 30 is the better-sounding amp in my opinion, but you may find the lack of dynamics when it's pushed hard a problem to get a usable boost out of. The stock V30 speaker is OK, but could be improved with a G12H-75 Creamback.

The Marshall has the power and headroom to give a solo boost - even the 50W one (make sure you test it with the switch set to High power, Low is triode operation which sounds muddy) but sounds a bit buzzy compared to the Orange.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Max_b3Max_b3 Frets: 5
    Genz Benz Black Pearl, if you can find one. Single channel with boost , 4 x el84 output stage, valve rectifier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom