Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD! Finally bought a Strat...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Yeah, after looking at a mock up mint green is deffo the way to go. I'm loving this guitar for sure! Wish I'd got one years ago.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Tort guard on that would look vomit imho.
    Leave the corned beef in the tin.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Mint and maple isn't a great combo and Cream tends to look better in my limited experience. YMMV
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Voxman said:
    Strats are the sexiest looking guitars ever made! 
    I would agree with that - as great as PRS can look with all the fanciness, there's just something perfect about the Strat. I think the vintage style tuners make it look even better and it's a shame mine aren't like that.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9583
    RMJ said:
    Mint and maple isn't a great combo and Cream tends to look better in my limited experience. YMMV
    I think mint green needs a rosewood board to set it off. Parchment might work (or cream - anything that’s not bright white).
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189
    I love a nice strat but also struggle with the concept of paying super high £££ for a guitar that is basically assembled from parts ... .  vs carved top set necks, arch-tops and acoustics etc.  
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Fishboy7 said:
    I love a nice strat but also struggle with the concept of paying super high £££ for a guitar that is basically assembled from parts ... .  vs carved top set necks, arch-tops and acoustics etc.  
    Just see it as paying for the end product you're getting which is something you want rather than bothering about the theory of it.

The other day I was talking to my mate about Epiphone LPs and how they have a maple veneer rather than proper cap and he said "a grand extra for an inch of maple?" but I thought that would be like equating a computer processor upgrade to "paying hundreds of pounds for melted sand" - it's the end product you're paying for.

Of course your example is a lot different but you'd be paying for a guitar you want and getting it, regardless how it was made.
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I don't think you can improve on the colour scheme of that guitar.

Rosewood or maple it looks the business.

All you need now is a leopard skin strap!

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    impmann said:
    Tort guard on that would look vomit imho.
    Leave the corned beef in the tin.
    Maybe a nice tan or mocha would be a good base colour - corned beef on toast ;)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    HNGD Man,

I think it looks awesome as it is. Single ply is the 50's and white looks awesome with that colour. My Tele is a relic but it's that colour with white and nothing else would look right to my eyes.
    I love the tint they put in the laquer on these necks and 7.25" has a charm all of it's own.

I almost bought the same model about 10 years ago and still half think I should have done.

Enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • everyone should own a strat
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    It's now very many years since I bought my strat but I still remember the feeling of adapting my playing technique over the following months. I'd resisted for several years becaus eof the poor quality available in my price range in the late 70s+, when I eventually found one it was brown (walnut) hard tail and chipped about, but the weight was acceptable (after the LP type lump of an aria I had). The biggest issue was smacking my knuckles after being used to a carved front/top and the rough screws sticking up on the bridge when I tried palm muting.
    I have to say I stuck at it and it's now my most gigged guitar.
    Happy new Guitar (strat) day.