Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    edited January 2018
    @andy1839 I was going to bring the Kemper for this one, I'll have a power amp with it and a dxr10.

Be good to see you mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    drwiddly said:
    @andy1839 I was going to bring the Kemper for this one, I'll have a power amp with it and a dxr10.

Be good to see you mate.
    Great stuff, be good to hear one through something decent other than my hifi!

Bringing an Eggle too?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Legionreturns I'll bring a Palmer DI box with cab simulation on it with XLR-out. I use it for recording and on stage rather than micing up. It can go between any head and any cab.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    andy1839 said:
    drwiddly said:

Be good to see you mate.
    Great stuff, be good to hear one through something decent other than my hifi!

Bringing an Eggle too?
    Yup, Berlin Pro. It's one of my very few guitars that are tuned in E standard! Two bands that both tune to Eb!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Sorry if I’m being thick - but why is having DI so important?
    It's only important for the main set list room because Bob is recording each track for us, and the easiest way to do this is by having the DIs running straight into his recording desk in the adjoining studio. That way we only have to set it up once and only need drum and vocal mics. 
    I was planning on bringing a very small 1x12 Music Man which has a jack output which (I believe) is stepped down to line-level from the output valves.

Would this be ok, or is the aim to have as few amps there as possible?
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Bit quiet in here considering we've got a five-hour unrehearsed marathon gig in two weeks eh?!

One thing that occurred to me is another song list should be published with bigjon unfortunately removed. He had several parts taken so those need filling asap so people can get practising. 

• redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 745
    edited January 2018
    I was thinking of bringing a Helix and DXR10 plus a few guitars of course. Any reason why I should / shouldn't bring the Helix? (First timer so not totally sure how the day is gonna work!)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Bit quiet in here considering we've got a five-hour unrehearsed marathon gig in two weeks eh?!

One thing that occurred to me is another song list should be published with bigjon unfortunately removed. He had several parts taken so those need filling asap so people can get practising. 

I will do a new one over the weekend

Cheers. There's some pretty good stuff up for grabs - White Room, Another Brick, Purple Rain to name but a few - and only about half of attendees are down for something. Grab them while they're hot! 
    edited January 2018
    I'm doing song sheets for the songs I'm involved in for myself.  Without teaching my granny to suck eggs, it's maybe an idea to get everyone agreed on the chords and arrangement.  So here's the first one. (PDF also available)

Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637

For the people playing Fire - are we all happy to end it as per this backing track? The original fades out, this version runs through the intro riff again before ending. @dontgiveupyourdayjob @custompedalboards @differs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTG3AfbaLpI

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346

;) @bridgehouse ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1367
    edited January 2018
    I'm doing song sheets for the songs I'm involved in for myself.  Without teaching my granny to suck eggs, it's maybe an idea to get everyone agreed on the chords and arrangement.  So here's the first one. (PDF also available)

Why Does It Always Rain On Me?
    According to the Song List, you're the only Guitarist at the moment. i've had at look at the Song Sheet you've posted. Put me down for Rhythm Guitar - I'll have a think about whether I play on an Electric, or an Acoustic.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Latest song list as promised:

Here's what we need to fill:

Bass:
    No Surface All Feeling
    Fire
    Purple Rain
    Alive

Vocals:
    Fire
    Purple Rain
    Alive
    Doctor Doctor
    Living After Midnight

Quality for both is relatively unimportant. You can slap out root notes on bass, or you could roughly bash out sort of the tune on vocals. We aren't a judgemental bunch and will be thankful that someone is filling the slots ;)

We could also do with Lead Guitar on:
    White Room
    Another Brick
    Pretty Vacant

• @Bridgehouse I'll take lead on White Room and happy to take it on Another Brick if no-one else wants to put their hand up. 
  • It also looks as if lead for Purple Rain is needed. Stick me down for that, again if no one wants it. 
  • mrkb said:

For the people playing Fire - are we all happy to end it as per this backing track? The original fades out, this version runs through the intro riff again before ending. @dontgiveupyourdayjob @custompedalboards @differs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTG3AfbaLpI

Yeah I'm happy to go with that.

Also, stick me down for bass on Purple Rain if you like.
  • Don't forget Bob and Differs also play bass and I'm sure will be happy to take some on. 

I'm gonna have to drop myself from Rain on me vocals. I've struggled a little bit to stay awake during that one. Also it's a little high and I'm struggling for practice time. Mostly though it's just too dull! 

I'm happy to sing Fortunate Son if you don't mind a bass version as I'm pretty comfy with that one. 

@Dontgiveupyourdayjob @LuttiS re the manics one, as it looks like I'm singing it, can one of you take the lead widdles during the verses and chorus? I'm happy doing the intro and solo but struggling to do the fiddly bits whilst also singing. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    @Legionreturns ; I haven't even had a chance to learn the rhythm for manics one yet and time is at a premium at the moment, so if @Dontgiveupyourdayjob wants to take the lead I'm happy to play bass on the track as I think we still need bassist?
  • Yeah I'll do the widdly bits during the chorus etc, no bother. :)