D'addario

What's Hot
This is the thread for @Adji ; / D'addario for the 2018 Guitar Show
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    I somehow missed this sorry Tony.

Yes D'Addario will be there and debuting our new look stand. Feel free everyone to come and say hi!

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    Any specials, or new products, there on the day/s?

(Think your smaller-sized textured plectrums are great btw - I think there were some in the Leicester/Quad goodie box and I managed to rescue one!)

tFB Trader
    TTony said:

(Think your smaller-sized textured plectrums are great btw - I think there were some in the Leicester/Quad goodie box and I managed to rescue one!)

There won't be any real specials or deals on, but we'll have some cool stuff going on for sure :)

I can't remember which ones I sent. Are they black?

If so it was possibly the Black Ice ones, my favourite too!

• RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    How about standard stuff, like 10-packs of 10-52s, or even larger pack sizes?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Adji said:
    TTony said:

There won't be any real specials or deals on, but we'll have some cool stuff going on for sure :)

There were some 1.2mm purple Duragrip which turned me on to the blue 1mm which are now my pick of choice. I've also switched to D'addario strings. This isn't some sort of brown nosing I just prefer them now. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Having managed to trial a single Duragrip 1.2 (great concept, just too thick), I am very keen to try some of the lighter/thinner in the range, preferably 0.70's, but would also consider the 0.60's or the 0.88's. Yes, I know it's asking a lot, but D'Addario isn't just about strings, is it?

And if you are going to bring some strings, please bring (to sell) some EXL110BT 10-46 Balanced Tension strings.

Thanking you very kindly.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    edited January 2018 tFB Trader
    I'll have some D'addario XL electric sets on a deal - 5 set tin deal - but only in 9-42 and 10-46 at the show - great prices - will have to wait for the show for me to say the price - Will be speaking to D'addario about buying other stock on deals for the show

Probably Phos Bronze 2 or 3 set tin deal as well
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    Sounds like you need to get some  plectrums on the stand too @Adji - but only for people wearing a tFB cap
    ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    I'll have some D'addario XL electric sets on a deal - 5 set tin deal - but only in 9-52 and 10-46 at the show - great prices - will have to wait for the show for me to say the price - Will be speaking to D'adario about buying other stock on deals for the show

Ah the old thick n thin 9-52s - an acquired taste  ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    I'll have some D'addario XL electric sets on a deal - 5 set tin deal - but only in 9-42 and 10-46 at the show - great prices - will have to wait for the show for me to say the price - Will be speaking to D'addario about buying other stock on deals for the show

eagle eyed  !!!!!!!!!!!!!! - thanks and adjusted
  • mrkb said:

Actually, my favourite setup is 9-46, but with a 52 on the bottom. Sadly, nobody does them :(
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    How about standard stuff, like 10-packs of 10-52s, or even larger pack sizes?
    Hi man,
    Whenever we go to these shows the intention is never to really sell per sé. It is always much more of a marketing activity. That will be even more apparent at this show and shows going forward. Therefore it is highly unlikely we'll have any ten packs at all for sale. To be honest you can always get better deals from our dealers than you can from us.
    The likes of PMT, Fair Deal Music, Mansons, Guitars4You and some others are usually there.

Adji said:
    TTony said:

There were some 1.2mm purple Duragrip which turned me on to the blue 1mm which are now my pick of choice. I've also switched to D'addario strings. This isn't some sort of brown nosing I just prefer them now. 

Brown nosing is perfectly acceptable, even recommended if you want a t-shirt! haha.
    Glad you made the switch man.

fandango said:
    Having managed to trial a single Duragrip 1.2 (great concept, just too thick), I am very keen to try some of the lighter/thinner in the range, preferably 0.70's, but would also consider the 0.60's or the 0.88's. Yes, I know it's asking a lot, but D'Addario isn't just about strings, is it?

And if you are going to bring some strings, please bring (to sell) some EXL110BT 10-46 Balanced Tension strings.

Thanking you very kindly.

Definitely not just about strings. However, we have to be careful what we present at these shows and how we present it. It is much more powerful to focus on one or two strong messages, than try to get everything out at the same time. I'll see what I can find in my 'freebie pick tin' and bring some along.

mrkb said:

Actually, my favourite setup is 9-46, but with a 52 on the bottom. Sadly, nobody does them :(

Its because of you I first tried 10-52. I love them on my 6 string Strandberg. We tune to Eb now though which loosens the tension up a bit. Its ALMOST 9-46/52, but obviously it means you are flat tuned.

• Adji said:
    mrkb said:

Its because of you I first tried 10-52. I love them on my 6 string Strandberg. We tune to Eb now though which loosens the tension up a bit. Its ALMOST 9-46/52, but obviously it means you are flat tuned.
    Heh...we're flat-tuned and dropped. I've just got girly hands ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    As an exclusive Bass Chromes player, I'm praying for some neon glow in the dark Chromes.....
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Adji said:
    TTony said:

Black Ice are the fucking bizbomb - the only thing that ever got me off Jazz III XLs and that's saying something. As soon as I tried a BI I bought a fucking huge bag of them. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    It's true, but I'll say it more often in return for a t-shirt :-) lol 
    Red ones are better. 
    I'd have thought D'Addario would be better off doing a string vest not a tee shirt....
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    It's true, but I'll say it more often in return for a t-shirt :-) lol 
    Haha. Come and introduce yourself at the show (I'm sure you will be adorned with The Fretboard gear) and I'll have one sitting aside for you ;)

tFB Trader
    I'd have thought D'Addario would be better off doing a string vest not a tee shirt....
    You've given me a wonderful / terrible idea hah.

Adji said:
    You've given me a wonderful / terrible idea hah.
    I'd prefer the neon glow in the dark Chromes :D