Composition Challenge #21 - A New Year: Time to set new ...

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited January 2018
    Bezzer said:
    OK, I've submitted something ... I only had a couple of hours today so it had to be a cover, just a f***ed up cover ...if it breaks the rules, no worries, don't include me this month and I'll do something proper for the next run once my panto duties are over!

I'm not sure there are any rules really and, it's so different, I'd definitely consider it original work. Let the voters decide.

Thanks to the three that have entered so far.

The submission deadline is Midnight 28 February 2018, so there's still nearly two months to go. I'll post the entries for voting shortly after the deadline.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Done mine. So that makes four entries so far, which were received in the following order:

01 @DeeplyDazzled ;;
    02 @frank1985 ;;
    03 @Bezzer ;;
    04 stratman3142

Let me know if I've missed anyone.

As a reminder, the submission deadline is Midnight 28 February 2018. Voting will start soon after the deadline.

It's not a competition.
  • Another entry received and an excuse to bump the thread :) 
    Thanks for your entry @fnpt ;

So that makes five entries so far, which were received in the following order:

01 DeeplyDazzled
    02 frank1985
    03 Bezzer
    04 stratman3142
    05 fnpt

It's not a competition.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1806
    I'll hopefully give this a bump by submitting early next month.
  • I thought the deadline was today, not next month, so I have a track finished. That’ll teach me. 
  • I thought the deadline was today, not next month, so I have a track finished. That’ll teach me. 
    Yes submission deadline is midnight 28 February 2018. I was about to bump this thread as a reminder.

It's not a competition.
    @mistercharlie Just checking. I haven't received your track. Are you still waiting to send it?

It's not a competition.
  • Sent.

The old style: a classic 1943 Broadway musical 

The new take: what if Rogers & Hammerstein were actually the Neue Deutsche Härte band - HammRstein 

Sorry if everyone else has done the same thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sent.

The new take: what if Rogers & Hammerstein were actually the Neue Deutsche Härte band - HammRstein 

Bugger .. I was doing Hammstein's famous Der Klang von Musik as a Bavarian trance dub accordion metal tune with manic yodelling and Julie Andrew's samples.

Back to the drawing board ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Sent.

Bugger .. I was doing Hammstein's famous Der Klang von Musik as a Bavarian trance dub accordion metal tune with manic yodelling and Julie Andrew's samples.

Back to the drawing board ....

Sorry. Such a cliché. I did leave out the didgeridoo solo and Mongolian throat singing because it's so overdone.

Next time I'll do a slow blues in A to be original. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That makes 6 entries so far.

As a reminder, the submission deadline is Midnight 28 February 2018. Voting will start soon after the deadline.

It's not a competition.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    Sent.

That sounds f***in’ amazing :-) can’t wait to hear that!
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited February 2018
    A quick reminder that there's only one more week to go for the Composition Challenge.

Submission deadline is Midnight 28 February 2018.

It's not a competition.
  • I’d forgotten about it! I have finished my track though. I’ll send it now. 
  • Sent!
  • Sent!

That makes 7 entries so far.

It's not a competition.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I should be on time if Gilmore pulls his finger out for the guitar solo.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't think I'll be getting an entry in this time (the first one I've missed I think?)

You may remember me saying I've been playing guitar less and less over the last year or so, to the extent that my chops were getting really rusty...... and then I get asked to dep for a band! (friends of mine, playing original material) I haven't played a gig for ten years or more so I've been using every spare guitar-playing moment learning to play again, learning a set of 11 original tunes (as the sole guitarist) and generally trying to get 'gig fit'.

So I haven't really had the time to come up with anything for this challenge. I'll still be listening and voting though. 7 entries is a good turnout.
  • I don't think I'll be getting an entry in this time (the first one I've missed I think?)

You may remember me saying I've been playing guitar less and less over the last year or so, to the extent that my chops were getting really rusty...... and then I get asked to dep for a band! (friends of mine, playing original material) I haven't played a gig for ten years or more so I've been using every spare guitar-playing moment learning to play again, learning a set of 11 original tunes (as the sole guitarist) and generally trying to get 'gig fit'.

So I haven't really had the time to come up with anything for this challenge. I'll still be listening and voting though. 7 entries is a good turnout.

That's a pity because I always look forwards to hearing your original take on things. But I fully understand about having to prioritise.

It's not a competition.