Keyboard/synth for 80's stuff?!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• goldtop said:
    C'mon - the OP mentioned HJ/NK and an M1 is not going to get anywhere close to those sounds. :)

OP, if you don't mind the tiny size, the Roland JP-08 module will get much closer.
    That was my thoughts (JP-08)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one - ill check it out.....
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • RaraRara Frets: 5
    Dude! Get yourself a keytar! Sorry, I cannot pass up the opportunity to talk keytar's and midlife crises  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    A decent midi keyboard and this Syntronic software ... top notch emulations of everything you'd ever want. There's a basic FREE version ...

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

• paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 839
    edited January 2018
    dogload said:
    Another option could be the Roland System-1 (or System-8 if you feel flush). As well as being really cool synths they have the bonus feature of being able to be loaded with a 'plug-out' of a classic Roland analogue synth. Unfortunately you have to buy these separately... 

The System-1 though is an excellent stand-alone. People slag off the keyboard but to be honest it's quite nice to play - as a non-keyboardist - and it sounds fantastic. it can be momophonic or limited poly and has a built-in arpeggiator. Furthermore, it's fun. I got one a couple of months ago, and I can't keep my hands off it! 
    The system 8 comes pre loaded with 2 plug outs now - the Jupiter 8 and juno 106.  Ive played with one extensivly and was about to pull the trigger - then realised I wanted a weighted board to learn piano first (and I have a fantom S which can get there - if not in real time as its a workstation).

• Im actually contemplating picking up a used JP8000.  4 ocatave and digital not analogue, but has all the real time control you'd expect and sounds more analogue than it should.