SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gibson 59 Les Paul Reissue from 1996, Darkburst & Big flames, £3250

What's Hot
Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
edited March 2018 in Guitars £
This has been very well looked after. It has hardly any signs of use. Fantastic top & not to heavy at just under 8lb14oz

It’s a bit too nice for me...I’ve had it a while now and love the sound & look but an old ES330 is calling!

Not the most accrurate 59 but the woods are great, neck angle is comfortable & it plays very well. I’m near Huddersfield if you want to come & try. 

I remember lusting after this when the review came out back in ‘96 & Neville Martin bought one....

Lots of pics here:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0X5aDWbrBhnbr

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ES330 located....now need funds!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hey man, does it not come with a COA? and is the case the original?
    cheers
    Carl
  • also mate, did these r9's have long neck tenons? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Because you can hear the difference...
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think they did have long tenons back then. 

Original case was pre art & historic case so it’s the old brown Gibson USA TKL job. 

It is also pre COA, they didn’t bother with such things. It does have the registration card from Peach though. 
    Because you can hear the difference...
    I like to know what I'm potentially buying, call me crazy!

• I think they did have long tenons back then. 

Original case was pre art & historic case so it’s the old brown Gibson USA TKL job. 

It is also pre COA, they didn’t bother with such things. It does have the registration card from Peach though. 
    Thanks man, ill pm you again.