Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26926
    Nintendo are planning something for later on today - https://www.facebook.com/NintendoUK/photos/a.925166177577664.1073741828.327378310689790/1652307508196857/?type=3&theater

I'm hoping it's going to be Virtual Console.
    Someone on Reddit sais that someone from Ubisoft had tweeted that Nintendo were planning something that will make the internet "explode". 

I'm guessing Pokemon Switch (possibly linked to a whole line of Amiibos and/or NFC-equipped Pokemon cards) and hopefully also VC.

Smash is too obvious, and obviously in the pipeline, likewise Metroid Prime 4. F-Zero would be amazing but not websplode-worthy.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nintendo are planning something for later on today - https://www.facebook.com/NintendoUK/photos/a.925166177577664.1073741828.327378310689790/1652307508196857/?type=3&theater

I'm hoping it's going to be Virtual Console.
    Someone on Reddit sais that someone from Ubisoft had tweeted that Nintendo were planning something that will make the internet "explode". 

I'm guessing Pokemon Switch (possibly linked to a whole line of Amiibos and/or NFC-equipped Pokemon cards) and hopefully also VC.

Smash is too obvious, and obviously in the pipeline, likewise Metroid Prime 4. F-Zero would be amazing but not websplode-worthy.

If it's Pokemon I would be disappointed because I'm not into Pokemon at all.

Speaking of F-Zero, this guy remade the Mute City track using Unreal Engine, which is what a lot of Nintendo Switch game developers use.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    randella said:
    Whatever it is it'll have to be good to get me off Zelda.

My missus has been playing it on Wii U for a couple of months now, and absolutely raving about it - so much she got me a Switch copy for Christmas.

Anyway, she's only right.

Still playing on it myself, putting off completing the story as much as possible, I don't want it to end.
  • Lots of new eshop titles coming out, including a tennis game called.........Tennis.

Double Dragon!

Zero Gunner 2!!

Disappointingly not the old Gameboy game “Tennis” which I sunk hundreds of hours into as a kid :(
  • “Interactive experience crafted for kids”

doubt its going to be anything of interest to me..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would absolutely love a proper Switch-developed pokemon game, and it’d sell by the billions.

Screw cryptos, it’s time to buy more nintendo stock!
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not for me, but that looks impressive as hell and very creative.
    I think it looks properly fantastic. Trying to get kids using their imagination *outside* the screen as well as just interacting with what's on the screen. If I had kids I'd be buying the shit out it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited January 2018
    As I mentioned in a previous post I’m thinking of returning my PS4 for a switch but am very much in two minds....as a fan of the old Zelda n64 games it’s so tempting, but I’d have to sacrifice the Fifa experience, which doesn’t look as good on the switch. The pain of uncertainty...
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Do you actually get much money in trading a PS4 in?
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I think it looks properly fantastic. Trying to get kids using their imagination *outside* the screen as well as just interacting with what's on the screen. If I had kids I'd be buying the shit out it
    I was disappointed with the announcement but I think that's just because its not something I'm that interested in for me. 

I spent hours building stuff out of boxes, milk bottles etc as a kid so I quite like the idea of being able to do this with my nieces next time I have them over night. 

If this gets them to switch off YouTube/Netflix for an hour or so here and there and maybe get them interested in building and crafting then I certainly won't begrudge spending the money.
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Picking one up today for me and my son - I see one locally secondhand with a few physical games, but also digital - how does that work for transferring ownership? If they are on the device and I change profile details will they disappear?
    Hmm..he said he can transfer the profile to me by changing it to my email - seems feasible?

• randellarandella Frets: 4166
    Vaiai said:
    Hmm..he said he can transfer the profile to me by changing it to my email - seems feasible?

@Vaiai - not disputing this guy's honesty, but that might be worth checking with a bit of research.  Nintendo aren't known for the online stuff like Sony and MS are.  Some of Nintendo's online facilities can be a bit... difficult.

If it's a good price anyway with the physical games, than maybe getting the digital content might be a bonus?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It's Rayman, Binding and Zelda Physical and Skyrim, Lego Worlds and Xenosaga digital - £340
  • randellarandella Frets: 4166
    Had a look around but as usual with the big N, it's not transparent.  It looks as though he''d have to transfer his whole Nintendo account to you - if he's prepared to do that and give you the username and password.  Promise I'm not trying to be a doom-monger but tread a bit carefully is all :)

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22317/~/digital-game-purchases-on-nintendo-switch

Mine was £320 new with either Zelda or Mariokart (physical) - I went for Mariokart.  Seems to be about the going rate still, so (minimum) you're getting Rayman and Binding for £20.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah he said he has no other Nintendo stuff and would transfer the account when I pick up the device. If I get the email and log in to the account we should be good. Now looking at options for charging on the go - power blocks etc.

I have an 8hr day tmrw at my son's paintballing party 9-4 so I'm getting it just in time!