Sigma 000R-28V - Any Good ? Any Alternatives ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'll be interested to hear how you get on @Wazmeister I sold my guild a few years back and I'm in the market for a new acoustic this year. The GAD range are worth a look mine was the mahogany dreadnaught. I'm thinking I might go for something with a smaller body this time.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was also thinking of buying a smaller bodied picking guitar, but from what I hear the Sigmas have quite slim necks. I am looking for something with a bit of meat on - a more rounded profile.  Any ideas/thoughts?
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    Was also thinking of buying a smaller bodied picking guitar, but from what I hear the Sigmas have quite slim necks. I am looking for something with a bit of meat on - a more rounded profile.  Any ideas/thoughts?
    my 000MC-1STE has a very comfy body, fits under arm well & gives you lots of sonic feel, but the neck is certainly not meaty, like a soft-C shape, more Taylor-ish, I love it, so the body would work , but the neck maybe too slender for you?
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for the info @erky32 ;
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 549
    As much as I loved my Taylor 414 CE it had to go . . . The neck was quite a handful, plus my hands are suffering of late with arthritis ( growing up pains ) so it rarely left its case . . . I still have my Taylor GS Mini though . . . Its in the front room normally or the bedroom, and its the first thing I pick up when I get in from work and the last thing I strum before I go to bed . . . There's a lot to be said for a less expensive strummer :-) Ive looked at the Sigma 000R-28V and second hand they seem a bargain ! !  . . . Compared to a Martin 000 28 they are a steal . . 
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    I'd be tempted to nab the one you played - as someone said above, guitars can be tricksy things - that one was good. Go get it. :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Did you get something in the end @Wazmeister ;
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9443
    BRISTOL86 said:
    I've not really had chance yet mate... but I'd like to re-try the Sigma
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:
    I've not really had chance yet mate... but I'd like to re-try the Sigma
    I’m economising so have ordered an OMM4 from Coda (laminate back and sides). I played one recently and at £350 it was good value let alone the £199 that Coda are selling them for!