PSA: BOGOF at Dorco razors

What's Hot

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    Sporky said:
    Afternoon all. I recently switched to Dorco after King Of Shaves discontinued the Azor 4. Dorco do 3, 4, 6 and 7 blade cartidges, four different handles and all interchangeable. I bought a tester pack with the 3, 4 and 6 ones in and like the 4s best. You can buy outright or do a subscription which is a bit cheaper.

They have a launch offer for the new website - whatever you put in the basket they'll ship double.

https://www.razorsbydorco.co.uk/

Or if you feel especially thankful there's a referral scheme; if you use this link you'll get £5 off, and I'll get a £5 voucher when you order. If not just use the link above, it's not like I'd ever find out. :)

http://razorsbydorco.refr.cc/andiallan
    @Sporky I'm thinking that I might take a punt on this later, thanks for the heads up. Was there any sort of notification in your basket that they were going to ship double? It's not liking the £5off referral code either, but hopefully it'll register it so that you get a £5 voucher.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27574
    No notification, but I emailed and asked and they said the order gets doubled by the warehouse.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 629
    I've never tried the Dorco razors, but I've used a lot of different razors and blades over the years, including traditional single blade safety razors: I've come up with the following general rules which seem to apply across all those I have tried...

Two blades are better than one.
    Three blades are not better than two.
    Four, five, six or seven blades are worse than three.

My all-time favourite was the original Gillette Sensor (not Sensor 3 or Sensor Excel.)

I have not tried using cut-throat razors or a high-end electric shaver (the cheap ones suck.)
    I liked the King of Shaves Azor 4 better than Mach 3 or the 4-blade Wilkinson Sword one, and in the Dorcos I like the 4 best - the three didn't do a good job at all for me.

But there are loads of people who do fine with safety razors, so there's clearly some personal preference or face topology or beard structure or some other factor that makes a difference.

I tried the Dorcos 'cos the Azor was discontinued, and most of the alternatives (Harry's, Cornerstone and so on) were either far more money or were subscription only. Then they turned up and were good - the 4 and 6 particularly.

As I've said, they work for me and there's an offer on. I've not at any point suggested that these are the right razors for anyone else...
    Mine just arrived; I ordered a Classic handle (which is the nicest one I think) and a pack of 24 Pace 4 blades, and I got two Classic sets and 48 Pace 4 blades.

I will report back on the 7-blade cartridge that comes with the Classic handle if anyone is interested.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    Cheers for the heads up.
    I've leaped in with a year's Pace 4. 

I've been doing this thing for years where I only change my razor on the solstices, equinoxes, and cross-quarter days and frankly, it's a bit bonkers. 
    The 7 is a mixed bag.

The handle is lovely. Heavy and it feels expensive.

The blades... less so. More irritation than the 4 or the 6. I think the 4 is where it's at, but on the 7 handle.

That means I have 4 unused Pace 4 handles, and a full set of unused cartridges (ie a 3, a 4, a 6, and a 7). Anyone wants to try them just pop me a PM. And possibly some postage money.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    G'wan then.

If I like them, you'll get a free fiver!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Only if the darned referral link starts working!
    Sold to the man in the straw boater.
    Sporky said:
    I sent Dorco an email last night saying that I couldn't get the referral code to work - I'll post here if they give a work-around :-)
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    Sporky said:
    Official reply from them (weirdly calling my Gary even though I'd signed it as from Tim) - no other offers are currently valid with the current BOGOF deal. Seems a bit harsh if they don't give you your referrer's bonus though.
    And @Sporky what do you think of the Classic handle? I thought that would be the nicest to have :-)
    Ah, fair enough.

I definitely like the Classic handle best.

The 4 and 6 work fine, but they are rubbery and futuristic and trainer-like, where the Classic looks and feels like chrome and bakelite (in a good way).
    Sounds good, went with the Classic too :-)
    My delivery is due 22nd Jan :-)
    And I got a referral bonus. Thanks whoever it was!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    Possibly me! 
    I got me razors today.
    Look nice... shiny....
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Possibly me! I emailed them about the welcome discount too. I’m called Gary, I suspect he pasted the reply to @BigMonka ;

i orders a classic and 8 of the 4 blade cartridges. 

But daft really, I have a full beard. :-)
    Probably not for long?
    Gagaryn said:
    Possibly me! I emailed them about the welcome discount too. I’m called Gary, I suspect he pasted the reply to @BigMonka ;

i orders a classic and 8 of the 4 blade cartridges. 

But daft really, I have a full beard. :-)
    Aha @Gagaryn that would explain the rogue Gary comment! Weirdly I ordered exactly the same thing as you too. I can only explain it by us being twins accidentally separated at birth