Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    I have just discovered the music of Arthur Russell. Better late than never. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3058
    Def Leppard are now on Spotify so I've had Pyromania and Hysteria on this afternoon. It's been a load of fun to say the least.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22685
    Def Leppard are now on Spotify so I've had Pyromania and Hysteria on this afternoon. It's been a load of fun to say the least.
    I saw that ad on Spotify last night (although I didn't realise they weren't there already, I'm sure some of the albums were). 

I went back a bit earlier and listened to High 'N' Dry, On Through The Night and the Def Leppard EP.
    Philly_Q said:
    I saw that ad on Spotify last night (although I didn't realise they weren't there already, I'm sure some of the albums were). 

I went back a bit earlier and listened to High 'N' Dry, On Through The Night and the Def Leppard EP.
    They previously only had a live album and a re recorded thing (I assume due to label stuff). I particularly enjoyed listening to Photograph this pm.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:

They previously only had a live album and a re recorded thing (I assume due to label stuff). I particularly enjoyed listening to Photograph this pm.
    I'm sure the most recent, self-titled, album was on there, I don't know how I'd have heard it otherwise.  I think it's on a different label.  It's terrible.
    I didn't bother with that :) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Richie Kotzen's Fever Dream.
    I'm sure he's a better player now, he's certainly a better singer, but this is one of his most straightforward hard rock albums, lots of shred guitar but also bloody good songs.  It still sounds great after 27 years.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    camf said:
    wayneirie said:

A numero group compilation. Wayfaring strangers. Obscure country rock/flying burrito brothers type stuff.

Enjoying that compliation.
    I'm enjoying this too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rainer-Ptacek-Tribute-Inner-Flame/dp/B006WAF2UK

A tribute to Rainer Ptacek formerly of Giant Sand, put together by Howe Gelb and Robert Plant, and featuring Lucinda Williams, Jimmy Page, Vic Chesnutt, PJ Harvey, Emmylou Harris and a host of other luminaries.

Ooohh will be checking that out over the weekend.

Been listening to the Fall again last couple days.

• Quality listening for me tonight 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    This is really quite excllent stuff..i.m.h.o.

• Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles.

OK. Where do I start? To me, the whole back catalogue of RATM sounds very samey.
    The best bit about RATM is Tom Morello.
    That's literally all I've got. Aside from that, it was terrible. I'll file this one under "when I need background noise"
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2382
    Phil Campbell & The Bastard Sons - Age of Absurdity: Loving it so far - no-nonsense balls to the wall rock with some great riffs!

Inglorious - Inglorious II; some awesome riffs on here. Not entirely sold on the singer I admit (seems like he's trying too hard sometimes), but some fantastic classic rock vibes.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Clashman said:
    This is really quite excllent stuff..i.m.h.o.

Yep... enjoying that. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Been listening to more Jason Isbell/400 Unit. I’m hooked. 
  • FarleyUK said:
    Phil Campbell & The Bastard Sons - Age of Absurdity: Loving it so far - no-nonsense balls to the wall rock with some great riffs!

Inglorious - Inglorious II; some awesome riffs on here. Not entirely sold on the singer I admit (seems like he's trying too hard sometimes), but some fantastic classic rock vibes.
    Completely agree - Phil Campbell album is spot on. :) I think it would have been easy for them to be a bit cliched. I still think my favourite song is off the first EP they released though ("Spiders").

I get what you mean about Inglorious too, but it's still an excellent album as is their first.  
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Def Leppard On Through the Night

they went a bit soft after that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
  • Def Leppard are now on Spotify so I've had Pyromania and Hysteria on this afternoon. It's been a load of fun to say the least.
    Both great albums with great production, I love all the layers of guitar.