Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Neill said:
    TTony said:
    Neill said:
    Hello everyone - I applaud the novel way of introducing new members, here's my submission:

Q1  Rather boring it's my real name with an extra "L" 

So, now we'll all be trying to work out whether your real name is Nei l or Neil    .   

Where did you put the  extra L??

Welcome to the forum! 
    Haha thanks TTony if I ever get back in a band I'll use that as my stage name, maybe with a hyphen Nei-l like Jor-el in the Superman comics oops giving my age away the-re.
    @Neill Oh I dunno. You could be almost any age and have taken a shine to Melissa Benoist. I'd not have the foggiest who she was were it not for Arrow, which started with some promise, but has long jumped the (King) Shark.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JikkenJikken Frets: 1
    1) Threw the word 'experiment' into translate, in Japanese. I thought the word sounded nice, also i like to experiment so it seemed to fit.

2) I am an England person.

3) Make music and then have people listen to the music and then make their lives better.

4) In terms of "best" I suppose it's the Vox MINI5 Rhythm amplifier. It's got 11 knobs, 4 sockets for things and 4 buttons.

5) Tame Impala-'The Less I Know the Better'. I always lose it at the bass breakdown (If that's what it's called idk its great anyways)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1 - i honestly have no idea, my mum made it up about 6 years ago when i asked her for a name on club penguin
    Q2 -  Glasgow, Scotland (the best place)
    Q3- id probably like my punk band to get somewhere decent, i doubt it will though. id like to be a music psychologist/therapist, and thats what im applying to uni to do
    Q4 - i dont really have decent gear atm, crap £100 electric and a 20W amp, looking to get a marshall CODE 100 though and hopefully get to mess around with effects and presets a little.
    Q5 - tough one, relive the story by as it is is the only song thats ever stuck with me longterm
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?

My wife started it! Don’t blame me!

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

In the UK, sunny Wiltshire 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Well, it was to be in Prince’s band but that's a non starter now, so I guess I’ll have to settle with a David Gilmour tour or something low key!

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

My Cloud Guitar

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Echoes 

.... I’ll answer that question now shall I? Yes, it’s aluminium and yes it does stay in tune, even when you put the heating on!
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    Welcome  all

@Drewman_Guitars - you need to start a thread in the "Made in the UK" section with pics of your work.  Lots of pics!
    @dawng106 - great name for a name on a club penguin.  Whatever that might be ....
    @jikken -  jokoso
    @GloopyJon - welcome to another guitar makerer - you should find plenty of interest in the making & modding section
    @stephen.wood125 - ahhhh, Hotel California - now you've joined us, you may never leave.
    @joetele - now that you've found us, you'll shortly realise that you don't need Twitter or any other forums!
    @drumbob - you must deserve a special award for including "drum" in your user name on a guitar forum ;)
    @bnjmnsngr -  catchy username - I had to check a few times that I spelled it correctly ...
    @snafu74 - hope you're managing to stay "off your arse" and getting involved here more actively.
    @mark1313 - not sure that I've ever heard your #1 track - can you hum it?
    @fatneck59 - you sure you didn't pick that username based on your favourite guitar??
    @Heroooh - to be fair, I don't remember much that happened in my early teens either  ....

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • With your permission Sir, I shall. Cheers
    .... I’ll answer that question now shall I? Yes, it’s aluminium and yes it does stay in tune, even when you put the heating on!
  • durango55davedurango55dave Frets: 9
    edited January 2018
    Hi there, I’m David from Northamptonshire.  Username comes from an old band I was in. Kissed my dreams of rock stardom goodbye after having kids and now just focus on writing and recording.  Best musical gear is probably Logic Pro, as it provides a world of musical possibilities at my fingertips.  Guitar-wise it’s probably my Fender Custom Shop 1952 Telecaster.  #1 track that I wish I’d written is God Only Knows by the Beach Boys.
  • OwainOwain Frets: 13
    Q1. It's my name :)
    Q2. I come from North Wales but am in Liverpool at uni
    Q3. To have fun and hopefully be really good one day
    Q4. My Squier Acoustic guitar, the first guitar I got at 11 which I learned to play on
    Q5. Hotel California by the Eagles
  • Cleg83Cleg83 Frets: 2
    Hello, I am Matthew Cleghorn.

Most people call me Cleg and I was born in 1983 therein lies the reason behind my username.

I am based in Brighton. 

My musical ambition is to be as proficient in as many styles of guitar playing as possible (I lean towards fingerstyle guitar but also favouring chicken pickin' at the moment).

Favourite gear: Fender FSR 66 bound telecaster. It's a Japanese made beast that I modded with a 4 way switch, push pull boost on the tone knob, treble bleed mod and fitted black bridge with Gotoh saddles and a black scratchplate.

Favourite tune at the minute is Hope The High Road by Jason Isbell.

Keep up the good work folks. 

• onclintonclint Frets: 6
    edited January 2018

Hi everyone, I'm Shane. This forum was recommended to me by a friend as a good place to buy and sell gear. I run a guitar shop in the west end of London and teach guitar after hours (often the best bit of my day)

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It was a nickname a singer in a band I was in had for me..due to the amount of twang I was into.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? From Yorkshire living in London.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To carry on enjoying what I'm doing.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? 2001 Martin D28

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Man of the world-Fleetwood Mac

• OakieOakie Frets: 4
    Hello there! My name is Ian, I live in Southsea, Hampshire.  I've been playing the guitar for years.  I've been in several bands over the years from psychedelic rock to country(ish) but not for a few years now.   I play all the time at home being pretty obsessed really.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? A childhood nickname. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Southsea in Hampshire  

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To keep playing and find a new band. 

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Kingbee strat.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Bass crawl by idaho. 

• halfdiminishedhalfdiminished Frets: 5
    edited January 2018
    Hi everyone, I'm David from Germany. Been playing on and off (mostly off though) for over ten years now. Been in a gigging band (mostly covers) for a few years but played bass after the first year because we lost our bass player. I'm happy to become part of the community.

Q1:  Where did your username come from? Was practicing sweep picking up and down all chords of the major scale when my teacher told me I could do a half-diminished instead of the normal diminished that you would play on the VII chord and showed me his fingering. Sounded absolutely killer.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Germany

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Thinking about doing a guitar academy.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? A Music Man JP13, impulse buy, for sale now

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 1

• Hello All, I'm John. I've been playing for over twenty five years now. I'm addicted to That Pedal Show on YouTube and I'm currently GASsing for a 60s Original Strat in Olympic White.

Q1:  Where did your username come from? its a combination of my initials, surname and year of birth

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? In South Oxfordshire, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To get half-decent.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I mainly play Strats but the one guitar I'll absolutely never part with is my Telecaster. It's a Mexican Standard but has been modded with BKP Flat 50's pickups, orange drop pots, locking machine heads, a 4-way pickup selector switch and a tortoiseshell pickguard. I bought it with the inheritance money I got from when my grandfather died.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? The King King version of Clapton's Old Love 

Guitars : Fender American Original 60s Stratocaster, Fender Standard Telecaster, Eastman T386 (335 style), Squier Classic Vibe 60s Stratocaster, PRS Bernie Marsden, Eastman AC322CE (acoustic)
    Amps: Tweed Fender Blues Junior, Marshall Origin 20C
    Pedals: Too many to list
  • jpwjpw Frets: 2
    Hello, I'm Josh, I've been 'playing' guitar for just shy of 15 years although I've probably only really played to improve for the first 3 years and the last 1...so I'm average at best but recently having saved up for an electric have really got back into it. Was in a couple of bands in my teens but never gigged. 

Q1:  Where did you username come from?Initials

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? East Yorkshire, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Enjoy playing guitar till I die. Hopefully get my shit together to make some tunes along the way.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? The only guitar I own, an Ibanez ARX320 from 07/08 I picked up last year.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track ? No way I can pick one..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi, I am Martin, 55 yrs old, have been playing since I was 12 but I am no virtuoso. I just love music, guitars and playing. I have been in several occasional bands, always with long-term friends. I love old fashioned rock'n'rol, blues, country, even bluegrass and folk.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? It is my name.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Barnet, North London, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? No ambition, I play for pleasure. There is nothing better to play with people with whom you are getting on.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I am addicted to telecasters but funny enough my "best one" is a 2014 St Blues Juke Joint Mississippi Bluesmaster (a cross-breed of tele and LP).

Q5:  Your #1 ever track ? Probably JJ Cale's Anyway the wind blows. Miracle of simplicity.
  • robbierobbie Frets: 16
    edited February 2018
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? Childhood nick name. My real name is Robin. I had the good fortune to be named after the dog. Its an involved story - discovering the causes of asthma/ the much loved family pet had to go. Considering the options, I think I got off lightly though the ‘mericans still struggle to get their heads around it. Bless them

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Variously W Germany, Berks, Sussex, Oxon, then most part London, finally to arrive in Devon which is home. 

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
     Finally to no longer have to listen to anyone else's music on the tube.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear?
    Its a close run thing. A 58 CS Les Paul. The dark burst is a thing of beauty. That and I love the feel of the neck and frets of the 594.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track? Am torn on this. Early days, it has to be Kashmir. Lose yourself for the ring tone. Radiohead on through Bach cello for all else
  • Axe2GrindAxe2Grind Frets: 5
    edited February 2018

Hi, I am Justin, 47 years old and I have been playing guitar since 1992 and a keyboardist since 1981 but mainly play electric guitar these days. I'm just a home / bedroom player, never been in a band. I love rock / metal / progressive rock & metal / jazz fusion, most stuff really.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  My username is something I made up and has been my forum name on quite a few guitar & keyboard boards such as Guitars101, GuitarBlast, GuitarChaos, 6Stringheaven, Petrucci Forum, Rudess Forum. GuitarWar.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Essex, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To enjoy just playing and composing music at home.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Strandberg Boden Classic 6T

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? tough one, Dokken - Lightning Stikes again. This tune made me want to take up the guitar. 

• Hello to the group,  I joined a while ago but mainly lurked and read until this week when a Custom Shop Tele' in the classifieds   on here popped up on a Google search - and I bought it.  I'm 54 and have been playing since I was big enough to hold a guitar... everything from rock to reggae.  Now, I play acoustic, electric & mandolin and I have a weakness for B-Benders.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Somebody labelled my mando case - 'Andy - Strings'

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Leeds, Yorkshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To never stop learning

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Today... it's my Custom Shop Danny Gatton (tomorrow may be different)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? I don't have one, never have.  So much great music, why limit it?

'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
  • ZenXZenX Frets: 2

1 - It's an adaptation of my gamer handle from Xbox live, which comes from my time practicing Kendo at Uni...

2 - Living in Basingstoke, Hampshire

3 - To play in a band as long as I can

4 - Since I just bought it; my Ibanez BTB 5 string bass

5 - Favourite song at the moment is probably the song Apex by Unleash the Archers...
  • Hi !

I'm Julien from France. I've been playing the guitar since I am 15 and I am 37 now... However I probably do not play as much as I should to progress !

I'm also electronics engineer, and I have built many audiophile amps and guitar amps & FX over the years since I am 15. It has always been my number one hobby.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? My name is Julien and my motorcycle is a Moto Guzzi

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Metz, France

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? just to enjoy playing

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? My Gibson SG Standard Reissue VOS.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix