Whats New Pussycat - Feline Guitars Updates thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    @felineguitars.....we need to talk about that Flat top ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11495
    tFB Trader
    Got an interesting project to complete which we will put up for grabs at a sensible price.
    I got a Warmoth strat body that had been painted by someone in USA as a trade from @SquireJapan ; before he went off to New York and decided to build up the rest of the guitar.
    So we have a nice tiger striped maple neck with a rosewood board and big Dunlop 6000 frets on a 12" radius.

I decided to go for a modern sports-car vibe because the yellow suited that vibe, so lots of gunmetal parts and carbon fibre seemed the order of the day 
    Pickup wise we went with the bare Knuckle Cobra pickups

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    Could be a twist on a bit of a Jake E Lee vibe with the hard tail. 
  • Ha - awesome! I've been hoping to see what you've done with that body. Can't wait to see how that comes together. 

I've fancied a carbon fiber scratchplate on a guitar for a while. Yellow and black is a great combination. 
    tFB Trader
    Ha - awesome! I've been hoping to see what you've done with that body. Can't wait to see how that comes together. 

I've fancied a carbon fiber scratchplate on a guitar for a while. Yellow and black is a great combination. 

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Also quietly working on a Lion that is more in keeping with the Blackmachine shred/tech metal type playing
    Thinner bodied - 24 fret hardtail  slim speedy neck etc
    Think I will do a thread about these:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    Ha - awesome! I've been hoping to see what you've done with that body. Can't wait to see how that comes together. 

Got to ask - is this for sale? 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343

A boltie ??
     :o 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    MikeB said:

Got to ask - is this for sale? 
    Yes and we will be doing it at a lower price than some of our full customs as it is a build using a body we bought off one of the forum users . Was a Warmoth that he had gotten painted in the states.

tFB Trader
    Got one of the 25th Anniversary models on the bench being prepared for the Birmingham Show

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jonathan - that brown one is incredible
    tFB Trader

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    have you ever done any hollow body, 335/339 style guitars @FelineGuitars I can't recall seeing any in past threads or web browsing 
    tFB Trader
    No - because you need a large press to do the laminated tops and backs 
    Also a number of companies are already doing a great job of that and there isn't a lot of changes that get asked for (other than a rear access panel to make pickup swaps easier).
    We do however do a lot of work on semis ranging from refrets and set-ups etc

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    a more than acceptable response, I just wondered if it was anything you looked at and couldn't remember ever seeing a Feline hollow body.
    tFB Trader
    You may have thought of the Fatcat model we did , which is solid with a little chambering

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    never seen that, that's cool and different.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    No - because you need a large press to do the laminated tops and backs 
    Also a number of companies are already doing a great job of that and there isn't a lot of changes that get asked for (other than a rear access panel to make pickup swaps easier).
    We do however do a lot of work on semis ranging from refrets and set-ups etc
    This saves me from asking you too. Thank you :) 
    tFB Trader

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    You really have knocked it out the park with colour choices on the 25th anniversary guitars.  Stunning!