Oil City Pickups ... yet another sale!!!

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9978
Hello Folks ... To celebrate the launch of our brand spanking new website, use code LAUNCH2018 for 10% off all pickups in store until 2nd Feb! Please note promotional orders will be built and shipped after 8th Feb due to me having a few days off to get over the strain of it all!
Below ... our new Masterwound packaging ... 100% recycled boxes
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The new site looks great but...

Where are the Firebirds, Mini HB's & Brassknuckles!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9978
    tFB Trader
    Just poked my website designer with a sharp stick ... they are all now up under 'other humbuckers' on the humbuckers page, except the Brass Knuckle. The BK along with the Buccaneer has been taking a rest from my lineup ... and will be back at the end of next month
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    The new website looks great!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Just another note on the website.

On Products page, the Humbucker text and images are links.

For everything else, just the text is.  I clicked the single coil image and nothing happened.  I felt mildly stupid
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Just another note on the website.

On Products page, the Humbucker text and images are links.

For everything else, just the text is.  I clicked the single coil image and nothing happened.  I felt mildly stupid
    Thanks for pointing this out, should be fixed now! 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27341
    Massive improvement on the website!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Massive improvement on the website!
    Thanks ;
    my web person Alice has done a very tidy job :-)

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5111
    Still mega happy with my ‘Blues Masterwound’ single coils  :)
    tFB Trader
    tone1 said:
    Still mega happy with my ‘Blues Masterwound’ single coils  :)
    Excellent :-)

• springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    Hi.  I think on the Single Coil page the "See All" button for Tele pickups is linking to "Modern Output humbuckers". 

I've tried two different broswers and they're both doing it!

Was getting tempted for an Kayman 90 and spotted the link error.
  • Just poked my website designer with a sharp stick ...
    I hope the stick was wound with high quality plain enamel wire.
  • Maybe it's just my old machine, but I'm finding the new site very, very slow. Also, is the phone number on the main page correct?
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
    A bit slow to load picture here but a big improvement. It looks good!

With the single coils it might be worth putting in the title whether they are single or a set. Otherwise it looks like the standard series are £40ish each and the masterwound £165 each!  
    tFB Trader
    Maybe it's just my old machine, but I'm finding the new site very, very slow. Also, is the phone number on the main page correct?
    Fixed the phone number issue ... not had a problem with other users on site speed ... but it is very image heavy.
    Elwood said:
    A bit slow to load picture here but a big improvement. It looks good!

With the single coils it might be worth putting in the title whether they are single or a set. Otherwise it looks like the standard series are £40ish each and the masterwound £165 each!  
    Will look at that issue

• My machine is old and I'm on WIFI, which tends to be slower too. I'll try it on my new computer which has a cable for the broadband. It should be much quicker, but I'll let you know.
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    My machine is old and I'm on WIFI, which tends to be slower too. I'll try it on my new computer which has a cable for the broadband. It should be much quicker, but I'll let you know.

If all else fails, try increasing the boiler pressure :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 629
    I WILL get round to trying some of your pickups at some point, shame I was too slow for the masterwound sale as I'm interested in the Cow-Tron and Winterizers.

Something you might need to be careful about is that Bare Knuckle have a P90 called the Supermassive, so I don't know if they might try to claim some kind of trademark on the name.
  • It's much quicker on my newer machine with a cabled connection. It's clearly very image heavy, but that's the look that you want I guess. The site is a real improvement and properly reflects the fantastic work you're doing ;-) Get ready for some busy times!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411

The website works ok on my work PC.  Given the general incompetence of our IT people, and how slow a lot of other websites are from here, I think it's good.

Wouldn't mind some pickups but I need to figure out what.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    The website runs a bit quicker once the pics have cached a bit. It looks very lovely... so much so I've gone and ordered something :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"