iPad/phone MIDI connection?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    @goldtop Hi Mate,  I've finally got around to trying the Midi NTour interface, but I must be doing something daft as I can't get bugger all out of the iPad.  Being an IOS newbie, I was wondering if I had to do anything to get it to work.  I've googled but there's not a lot of info on the subject.  According to ESI, Garageband is CoreMidi compatible and my iPad recognises the nTour is connected (Settings, About, <bit on the Midi interface>).  My MIDI keyboard is working fine and set to OMNI... but nothing !  I've tried a couple of other synth apps too, and a different nTour from the 5 I bought, but still nothing.

I'm just wondering if it needs to be enabled or something, somewhere !  I don't suppose you might know ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    Have you set the midi input device within Garageband/Synth App settings? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    There isn't an option to select a midi input in the apps.  However, it is now working!  I don't know what fixed it.  It definitely wasn't me being a twat and plugging the DIN cable marked "Out" into the midi Out on my keyboard when of course the names on the plugs refer to the data direction with respect to the midi interface - i.e. the midi OUT of my keyboard goes to the midi IN of the interface.

It definitely wasn't that.  Nosireebob.

It's just a mystery.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.