Oil City Pickups ... yet another sale!!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• @TheGuitarWeasel I'm loving the new website - so much better than the previous one and much more in keeping with the quality of your products. The speed is fine on my PC considering the quantity of images and graphics. However, you might want to remove the last paragraph on the description of the Cow-Tron Classics - I don't think they are suitable for Black Country Metal - I reckon that slipped in from another pickup description  ;)

Right, I'm off to order a Wapping Warf and maybe a Diamond Geezer too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm still not sure that the phone number is right. Don't you have to dial the 20 part of the 208 for outer London? If I dial the number that you have on the site from France it doesn't work, unless I add the 20 before the 8.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9978
    tFB Trader
    I'm still not sure that the phone number is right. Don't you have to dial the 20 part of the 208 for outer London? If I dial the number that you have on the site from France it doesn't work, unless I add the 20 before the 8.
    fixed
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Any chance you could extend that sale for a day or so until I've figured out which pickups to order?   =)

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Balls... missed it by 4hours!.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    edited February 2018
    Amazingly fast turnaround Ash! - I received the Royal Mail card on Wednesday after a Monday order. I couldn't get to the Post Office to pick up until Saturday. The guitar's not even ready yet  
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• New site is a big improvement IMHO. However, there's something not quite right with the "scroll-boxes" on the accessories page. They don't scroll, so can't see what's on offer, and there doesn't seem to be a way to see all the items within each "category". And they certainly don't work on Safari' Chrome not so bad, mind you.

p.s. enjoy your break. Don't forget the holiday tat competition (must be less than 1€/$/£/other), and can't wait to try out the stone tones.

Cheers.!
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Bought some Masterwound TubeSnakes at Christmas and they are phenomenal!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Treewig1Treewig1 Frets: 443
    Is it just my iPad or are there zero single coil telecaster pickups?
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    Treewig1 said:
    Is it just my iPad or are there zero single coil telecaster pickups?

Must be your iPad, as there's a good few listed - https://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk/tele
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    edited February 2018
    Jeremiah said:
     I was too slow for the masterwound sale as I'm interested in the ... Winterizers.
    Yah, boo! I nabbed those Winterizer II humbuckers. 3 In my opinion, the Guitar&Bass magazine review is an accurate reflection of those pickups. 

I have not tried the Cow'Tron model. I cannot comment on them ... other than to wonder aloud how a web customer would specify the baseplate and mounting screw format. 
    Be seeing you.
    @Jeremiah Are you still interested in those Winterizer II humbuckers? 
    Be seeing you.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9978
    tFB Trader

I have not tried the Cow'Tron model. I cannot comment on them ... other than to wonder aloud how a web customer would specify the baseplate and mounting screw format. 
    There are two distinct versions of the CowTron classic which is Gretsch style surface mounted (as seen in the image)

And the CowTron HB which as the HB signifies is both full Gibson humbucker sized, and 'English mounted')

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not sure whether this post should be public or private? It can always be edited into oblivion, I suppose.

The Winterizer II humbuckers are in a PRS S2 Singlecut. Finances dictate that I may have to sell this guitar. Since I will not recoup the value of your pickups this way, the stock G&B-made #7 humbuckers will be reinstated before the guitar goes.

My enquiries about the Cow-Tron HB and your experimental Gain-Plus were in connection with a Hamer XT Echotone. This excuse for a guitar is currently incomplete whilst I decide whether to buy it an Earvana shelf nut. (MSRP over one third of what I paid for the guitar!
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 629
    @Jeremiah Are you still interested in those Winterizer II humbuckers? 

Um, possibly, though if anything it's most likely I'd be looking for a Winterizer II for the bridge and a standard Winterizer for the neck.
    Perhaps, we can help each other out? First, I need to nudge Lord Seven into action.
    Be seeing you.