Lots of new pickup stuff from Alegree (consolidated staple thread)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Alegree said:
    They're intended to be a drop in fit for standard humbuckers, wide range humbuckers have completely different coil and cover dimensions.

You're going to have a very hard time finding a Filtertron in a wide range size. Your best option is a pickguard designed for standard humbuckers in my opinion.
    OK!  Now I'm certainly better informed!  Thanks for your time, and wisdoms all round!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    They're not staples but I have a set of your Sea Smokes in my Vintage[JHS] Mick Abrahams SG Special and they sound incredible. 
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    bbill335 said:
    They're not staples but I have a set of your Sea Smokes in my Vintage[JHS] Mick Abrahams SG Special and they sound incredible. 
    Thanks. They'll be joining the staple family along with my other P90 models as soon as I sort out this warping issue!

Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Alegree said:
    Single coil sized humbuckers are returning! ... The bobbin size is a bit different from before, so they'll require some R&D to recreate my earlier designs. Expect some soon!
    Any progress with the Rails type pickups? (They do not appear on your web site.)

I'm looking for something to go in an old Ibanez RS405. Slightly over-sized pickups would probably fit perfectly in the stock Ibanez pickguard. I have nothing against prototypes. ;)
    Be seeing you.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    edited January 2018 tFB Trader
    Alegree said:
    Single coil sized humbuckers are returning! ... The bobbin size is a bit different from before, so they'll require some R&D to recreate my earlier designs. Expect some soon!
    Any progress with the Rails type pickups? (They do not appear on your web site.)

I'm looking for something to go in an old Ibanez RS405. Slightly over-sized pickups would probably fit perfectly in the stock Ibanez pickguard. I have nothing against prototypes.
    To be honest I'm happy with the very first prototype I made right there. It absolutely nails the Maiden hair metal type tone. I've just not found the time to put it on my website yet; business has been chaotic since Christmas.  Depends what position you're putting it in though - at 21k it sounds colossal. Not nearly as dark as a 21k standard sized humbucker though, even on 250k pots. 
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk