Why do people ask for TABs in Youtube comments ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Rox said:
    Rocker said:
    That guy has a point. Some people are lazy bastards, they want everything handed to them on a plate..
    Especially in a restaurant.

@Rox Damn fuck'n straight! http://wewantplates.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Veganic said:
    Why is this in theory? 

(And not click-bait?)
    It is in theory because I thought it was the most fitting, where would you have put it ?

Also I didn't find the clickbait thread...
    @Veganic probably means this section: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/categories/plug-my-stuff ;)

• DLM said:
    Veganic said:
    Why is this in theory? 

(And not click-bait?)
    It is in theory because I thought it was the most fitting, where would you have put it ?

Also I didn't find the clickbait thread...
    @Veganic probably means this section: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/categories/plug-my-stuff ;)

Ahah, well the point wasn't to plug anything @DLM , I was asking a question so that wouldn't fit in there either.
  • Some YouTubers are tab facilitators. Their seemingly helpful actions are part of the problem.

The excellent Pete Cottrell recently posted a video playing a one string fretless guitar made from a wooden spoon. I made a clearly sarcastic remark asking for the tab... And he politely gave me a link to his Patreon site where he apparently has the melody tabbed for guitar should one wish to purchase it!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @flying_pie :lol: That's very funny. YouTubers have to do some messed-up stuff to make a living!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited December 2017
    --------------
  • I  don't have a problem with people asking for tabs. I prefer standard notation but if tabs are all that's available that's often much better than nothing if the video isn't clear enough. 

What does irk me is if someone puts up a free tutorial video and they get critical comments along the lines of "not much use without tabs, mate".  Enquiring politely if tabs are available is fine, but implied criticism of people who are generously providing free video lessons for not spoon feeding you isn't.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    a guy once asked me if I had the tabs for my solo album Shredz at an Exhibition..
    the entire album.. which is all instrumental..

my first thought was... "you got to be kidding me"
    I told him that I never tabbed any of it..
    he asked me if I could tab to all out for him..
    my final thought was "not a chance in hell.. I have other things to be getting on with this year".. lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • I've never watched a solo breakdown that has been quick enough to enjoy, so I always look for a tab link - IF the player has played a good version of whichever song it is.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent