Potentially looking for a new 7-string...

VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
...and was just wondering whether anyone here had one for sale, or has seen one in their local guitar shop. I haven't put this in the classifieds yet as although I'm fairly sure I'm going to get another, I'm not quite 100% yet, and need to sort the finances. Reason for this is that I've just joined a new band doing proggy-metal stuff with quite a few gigs/tour coming up, and although I have a 7, it's a) old and precious, and b) I'll need a backup as I'll be a bit lost if I break a string!

I'm really on the lookout for an Ibanez, and preferably a Universe, as I'm used to the brand and playing that model - to narrow it down, I'd ideally want one of the black ones with the hologram like @Alnico has recently got, but would be open to other Ibanez models...although definitely no white ones. 

If anyone has or has seen something along these lines and wouldn't mind posting here/dropping me a line, that'd be ace. There were quite a few knocking around last year, but I can't see any now...I know @Rave was selling one a while ago, but suspect that's gone now but tagging just in case :)

cheers

Ben
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Put a want to buy ad in the classifieds
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Put a want to buy ad in the classifieds
    I was going to, but as I'm not quite 100% sure yet, I didn't want to give anyone the impression that I was definitely going to commit & buy something, which would be quite annoying, so felt it was maybe better placed here. Plus it's a bit specific, so I felt it was more likely to be something that someone might see in a shop rather than be selling here. Absolutely happy for the admins to move this to that section if they feel it's more relevant there though :)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    You missed Alnico's UV by a month or so, Ben: he traded it in at CODA for a six-string RG, and it sold from there a few weeks later... I've seen a few on the Net around Europe the last year or so. Prices have been between 1k and 1.5k, £ in the UK, € over here on the Continent, mainly depending on whether private sale or dealer (I think CODA were asking 1.25k for the ex-Alnico, but that was in really nice shape, he'd only just bought it from Hubobulous, who obviously looks after his kit).
  • DLM said:
    You missed Alnico's UV by a month or so, Ben: he traded it in at CODA for a six-string RG, and it sold from there a few weeks later... I've seen a few on the Net around Europe the last year or so. Prices have been between 1k and 1.5k, £ in the UK, € over here on the Continent, mainly depending on whether private sale or dealer (I think CODA were asking 1.25k for the ex-Alnico, but that was in really nice shape, he'd only just bought it from Hubobulous, who obviously looks after his kit).
    bum! Still getting the funds together but shouldn't be long now. Luckily I have found a source who has a UV like mine (black dot model though, but one of the originals) going for just over £800, so hopefully sorted soon :)
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    Levi Clay from "the internet" is selling his Vigier 7 on one of the Facebook gear exchanges.
  • prlgmnr said:
    Levi Clay from "the internet" is selling his Vigier 7 on one of the Facebook gear exchanges.
    ah cheers - I thought he'd sold it in the end though - sounded like it from his FB page? Decided I'll probably go with another UV though, I know how mine plays/sounds and the one I have in mind will be almost identical.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    @prlgmnr This forum is also part of the internet! :) :sunglasses: @missmisstreater
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    I did check if he had it on the classifieds in here before I posted, I'm not TOTALLY daft.
  • prlgmnr said:
    I did check if he had it on the classifieds in here before I posted, I'm not TOTALLY daft.
    appreciate the heads-up mate :)