What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11495
    tFB Trader
    My first gigs were early 1980 and at the local Fairfield halls:
    Suzi Quattro
    Wishbone Ash
    Sad Cafe

All brilliant - maybe eclipsed by Seeing Queen at Wembley Arena (Game tour) later that year

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My first gig was Hawkwind at the Monmore stadium, Wolverhampton, 1982. I was 16 at the time. I saw them later on that year as well, at the Hammersmith Odeon.
    @MagicPigDetective the Reading '93 lineup was pretty epic. I went just for one of the days, basically to see Big Star, but got into The Posies as a result.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited February 2018
    Motorhead, Leicester De Montfort Hall, 1991, with support from The Almighty. I was 15 and it was so loud I had to have the rest of the week off school because I couldn't hear a thing
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Probably posted this before in similarly-themed threads. Pink Floyd - The Wall at Earl's Court.

I shall have to unearth the ticket stub to confirm the date. I do recall vividly that Gilmour fluffed the second Comfortably Numb solo.
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Didn't we do this a few weeks ago?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    Reminiscing isn’t what it used to be. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782

Leeds Festival 2003, to see Metallica for the first time...

There are no videos of it on youtube as the concert had to be put on hold half way through because the crowd pushed over the front barriers. And due to the delay, they had to miss out One from their setlist :(

Still the best concert I've ever been to though. I was pretty much at the front row, and nearly died, but it was definitely worth it.

• scrumhalf said:
    I think we did, so I'll refer you to the answer I gave on that thread, where ever it is
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited February 2018
    Metallica at Earl’s Court, December 2003. Had a back row seat but it was still great. Haven’t seen them since for some reason..
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Clashman said:
    SOUNDED exactly like this but with a crowd and Eddy and the Hot Rods thrown in and a band
    called Pinpoint but can't remember exactly but the ticket cost 2 or 3 quid..

The Rods are still going, although Barrie Masters is the only original member left now. They’re doing some farewell gigs this year and then knocking it on the head. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5827
    My first gig was Led Zeppelin - Earls Court 1975.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mortmort Frets: 718
    Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Gants Hill Odeon 1978 - so it’s the 40th anniversary of my first gig this year!
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    When I went to Solfest in 2009 someone gave me and my Mate a Chinese Lantern each
    I noticed his had a hole in it but he reckoned it wouldn't make any difference and went
    ahead lighting it and releasing it up in the air...
    Not my video but the moment was captured ...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My first gig was Hawkwind at the Monmore stadium, Wolverhampton, 1982. I was 16 at the time. I saw them later on that year as well, at the Hammersmith Odeon.
    @MagicPigDetective the Reading '93 lineup was pretty epic. I went just for one of the days, basically to see Big Star, but got into The Posies as a result.
    Yeah it was amazing. Dinosaur Jr, Swervedriver, Boo Radleys, Blur,  Radiohead, Blur, Primus, Jesus Lizard, etc etc. Had a big influence in me. I went back the for the next three years and saw many great bands. 
  • Either Slayer at Newcastle City Hall or Metallica at Whitley Bay Ice Rink. Genuinely can't remember. Metallica played for far too long. Must have been around three hours and just wanted them to finish by the end.
  • Mine was Rain Parade supported by The Jazz Butcher at The Electric Ballroom in Camden October 1985.

Link to my trading feedback
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283

Gary Moore, Run for Cover Tour, Leicester De Montfort Halls.

I was in the lower sixth form, and would you believe this was a school trip organised by the school, for those of us who were interested? Went in the school mini bus!

Ears are still ringing, and that was just from the on-stage volume (was right at the front)

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    The Levellers, Portsmouth guildhall in 1991 or 92 I thin, levelling the land tour.  I had been to a festival thing just beforehand with shakin stevens, pele, jools holland and that petrol emotion (odd combination granted) but levellers was first time I paid to see someone.
  • My first gig ever was 72/73 - Lou Reed , touring Transformer, at The Rainbow in Finsbury Park. He was truly dreadful and a huge letdown. My first ever band was the support act, a group of unknowns (in the UK at least) called Golden Earring. It was before they'd recorded Radar Love and they were awesome. So, not all bad! 

• boogieman said:
    Clashman said:
    SOUNDED exactly like this but with a crowd and Eddy and the Hot Rods thrown in and a band
    called Pinpoint but can't remember exactly but the ticket cost 2 or 3 quid..

The Rods are still going, although Barrie Masters is the only original member left now. They’re doing some farewell gigs this year and then knocking it on the head. 
    I'm on one of their records. I'm one of those saddos at The Marquee singing (shouting really) "Gloria" at top volume. They were bloody good in their day.