Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Classic bands, big record sales, big legacy and millions of fans.......but you cant abide them ?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    RobDavies said:
    Coldplay.   Hmmm.  That footage of the autistic kid at their gig crying while they played Fix You got me.....
    Wouldnt you be crying if you had to sit through a Coldplay gig as well?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited February 2018
    shaunm said:
    If you listen with an open mind there’s something in every bands back catalogue that you will like. 

That is of course if youd dare to admit it. 

Theres no no way you could listen to the entire back catalogue of the Beatles and not think at least once or twice “I like what they did there” or “that melody line is good”. Same with U2, same with Coldplay etc. 

I dont understand why people like justin Beiber is as big as he is. Not my thing at all. 
    Yes but walking naked through a field of beetles to fetch a single Malteaser would not be worth it would it?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • REM and Radiohead for starters
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• SCMIVSCMIV Frets: 14
    The Smiths (no matter how talented their guitarist, a career full of cloying bullshit)
    Pink Floyd (post Barrett, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz)
    Eric Clapton (I consider it charitable that the only reason Cream aren't include in this are that they're the kind of thing that I should like, but always thought someone else did that kind of thing better).

• Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    I can't abide:

U2
    The Rolling Stones (and the whole cult of 'Keef')
    Coldplay
    Dream Theatre (or really almost any prog-metal, or music that features guys shredding on 8 string guitars)
    Mumford and Sons (the hate burns strong for this one)
    Arcade Fire
    Eric Clapton (and until recently, really almost all 'blues' music made in the past 40 years, although I've gotten over that a bit with some of the younger jazzier blues guys)

that doesn't necessarily mean that I hate every single thing they've produced (although that is the case with Mumford and Sons). I don't mind some of the Mick Taylor era Stones records, and and there's a couple of Arcade Fire tracks I don't mind. But, generally, I find them a waste of musical space.

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11679
    I wasn't going to join in here, but the mention of Mumford above compelled me.

Mumford and Sons, not because they are BAD per se, but because they were so much worse than the other acts doing a similar thing at the same time (especially Laura Marling) and made it mysteriously big.

Did give me a chance for a joke once though.

Chap at work went to a Mumford's gig, he was complaining that he got stuck in traffic and was really late, I asked "did they wait for you?"

Got me some laughs! :lol:
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • Probably the most successful music forms on the planet, but I nominate Rap & Hip Hop, 98% of which I find completely unlistenable, like having fat sweaty bloke shouting in your ear on public transport. I'll make an exception for Michael Franti & Grandmaster Flash, but that's it.

Also, 80's & 90's power pop singers, eg Whitney Houston, awful yodelling up and down scales look at me singing.

& Muse about as welcome as a Les Dawson piano break.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited February 2018

& Muse about as welcome as a Les Dawson piano break.
    But without the skill on the piano
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I liked muse at the start but get more meh with time.  I'm always surprised at the hatred for U2, Bono is of course a complete muppet but I loved everything up until and including achtung baby.

Bands/artists I hate/are over rated
    Simple Minds
    Led Zeppelin
    Jamiroquai
    Kasabian
    AC/DC
    Bon Jovi
    Prince
    All R&B