Any Todd Rundgren fans?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
Todd Rundgren is one of those people that I have never knowingly heard, but his name keeps cropping up over the years. I was wondering if there are any fans here, or if anyone has an opinion on his music or guitar playing.

I have an urge to look into him and I'm wondering where to start
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• westwest Frets: 994
    love his song writing , i like the more hit based stuff than the concept albums , in fact watching american hustle and hearing i saw the light got me listening all over again . this is beyond sublime ...

possibly his most well known tune .... 

live from daryls house but its actually todds house in hawaii

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    I love Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell which he's on, but didn't know much about the rest of his work, so not long ago when I found a big compilation album of his in a charity shop I looked forward to learning more about him.

I hated every song.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
    I'd start here - it has a wide variety of styles, inc. a fab Philly soul section and his usual psychheadstuff-

• NeillNeill Frets: 941
    Hugely talented multi instrumentalist I remember back in the 70's he was being hailed as the Next Big Thing so in that respect he might be seen as an underachiever. I think if he had stuck to the "pop" genre he would have been much better known.  Like Jimi, has huge hands, apparently...