Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show February 24 - 25 2018 - The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    McToot said:
    Mrs McToot has OK'd but I'm still a doubtful. It's the closest weekend to my birthday and I'll be doing the kids out of a celebration (they celebrate me getting older much more than I do).  If the situation changes I'll let you know. 
    It's my 50th on the Friday and we're having a family celebration on Saturday. I've already told the family that for my birthday "I want to go to the Guitar show". And since it's my birthday, not theirs, I'm going. See you all on the Sunday.
    Now, that's the way to do it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspek said:
    @Handsome_Chris I miss you Xx
    https://gowildatthewarren.uk/special-weapons/

These guys should be able to sort your aim out.
  • Yeah I'll be there, provided there be Strats to buy   =)
    "Pick your noses up!"
  • JasonJason Frets: 1102
    tFB Trader
    strat1990 said:
    Yeah I'll be there, provided there be Strats to buy   =)
    I think you'll be fine :)
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    If I'm doing the Sunday, should I do the Saturday as well?
    tFB Trader
    fandango said:
    If I'm doing the Sunday, should I do the Saturday as well?
    @fandango I have a few people doing both days, but I doubt you would miss anything with only one day, it isn't NAMM sized
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    I've got a couple of pedals in mind to add to the board, and I've been holding off buying until the show. Whats the advice on show buys - best from the exhibitor (eg Dunlop/MXR) or typically better at one of the dealer stands or actually typically random go look at them all and find out for yourself....
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    darius said:
    I've got a couple of pedals in mind to add to the board, and I've been holding off buying until the show. Whats the advice on show buys - best from the exhibitor (eg Dunlop/MXR) or typically better at one of the dealer stands or actually typically random go look at them all and find out for yourself....
    Dunlop/MXR have  a dedicated display stand at the show but all deals are directed through a dealer - believe it is Fairdeal Music - Other dealers like PMT and GuitarGuitar will have some stock and don't forget @ThorpyFX ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    darius said:
    Hi, whilst it may look as if you are buying direct, most of the time you won't be, the Dunlop stand has a Fairdeal till on it. The big companies just aren't set up for direct with the public, plus it annoys their retailers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 619
    Thanks! Knowledge is power...
  • I should be there on Sunday... Hopefully @equalsql and I will travel down the M6 together again. I will deffo be getting a Fallout Cloud this time... 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    I should be there on Sunday... Hopefully @equalsql and I will travel down the M6 together again. I will deffo be getting a Fallout Cloud this time... 

Fallout Cloud is an amazing pedal.  I tried one out at the show last year, and then dropped lots of hints to my wife in the run up to my birthday.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    I should be there on Sunday... Hopefully @equalsql and I will travel down the M6 together again. I will deffo be getting a Fallout Cloud this time... 
    Sounds good to me @mudslide73 :smile: 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    edited February 2018
    I will deffo be getting a Fallout Cloud this time... 
    I'd just like to say that it can get embarrassing when members come along to our stand and insist on giving us gifts in thanks for all our work here.

The main embarrassment is when we end up with dozens of the same thing, and have to go back and negotiate refunds/exchanges with the other stands.

Perhaps we'll set up a GuitarShow wishlist this  year?

[edit]
    must remember  *not* to log in here when I'm still asleep and dreaming ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Trying to get all my pre-show panicking over this week. Then next week I'll be sat in zen-like calm surrounded by dozens of pedals built, t-shirts and stickers printed and one of those roll-up poster things you get at exhibitions.
  • See you guys there - I'll be bringing populating the Bulldog stand with a couple of stunt guitarists along with a few new pickups and a pile of Matamps!
  • But @Van_Hayden , isn'tt one of your top guitarists is going to be there on the Saturday?
  • I thought you were there both days @Handsome_Chris ?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Van_Hayden , I am, but I was talking about the awesome stylings of Clarky.  I wish knew where to get pickups like his.  I could start by looking around Cambridgeshire! ;)
  • Right then...trying to decide whether to drive home on Saturday or get a hotel. Anything interesting occurring on the Saturday night?
    <space for hire>