Digitech Freqout

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• This one has plenty of juice (mA) so you can daisy chain from it if you do need to run multiple pedals, but it's a single output power supply, so used to power a single pedal.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Truetone-1-Spot-9V-Guitar-Pedal-Power-Supply/1PRF?origin=product-ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzrjw8umW2QIVBvEbCh2ucwYlEAQYASABEgL6IvD_BwE

Appreciated - that'll do for me! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This one has plenty of juice (mA) so you can daisy chain from it if you do need to run multiple pedals, but it's a single output power supply, so used to power a single pedal.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Truetone-1-Spot-9V-Guitar-Pedal-Power-Supply/1PRF?origin=product-ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzrjw8umW2QIVBvEbCh2ucwYlEAQYASABEgL6IvD_BwE

I may be a bit late, but have you bought this yet? Reason for asking is I'm pretty sure I somehow ended up with 2 power supplies for my freqout, so I think I still have a spare knocking about if you want it.

I may be a bit late, but have you bought this yet? Reason for asking is I'm pretty sure I somehow ended up with 2 power supplies for my freqout, so I think I still have a spare knocking about if you want it.
    Thanks @Vibetronic - I haven't bought it yet...... did you get a power supply with your freqout? I didn't..... But yes, if you have a spare, I'd be very interested in buying it.....

Cheers
    James.  

Thanks @Vibetronic - I haven't bought it yet...... did you get a power supply with your freqout? I didn't..... But yes, if you have a spare, I'd be very interested in buying it.....

Cheers
    James.  
    I didn't either - I bought a separate one online, before finding an old one in a drawer that I thought would probably work, and it did. Unfortunately the one new one I got is rubbish - I've just tried it now for the first time and it doesn't power the pedal up at all. Really sorry, I'd have passed it on for free if it actually functioned! 

Cheers
    James.  
    I didn't either - I bought a separate one online, before finding an old one in a drawer that I thought would probably work, and it did. Unfortunately the one new one I got is rubbish - I've just tried it now for the first time and it doesn't power the pedal up at all. Really sorry, I'd have passed it on for free if it actually functioned! 

No worries Vibetronic. Appreciate the thought. Just out of interest what is the PSU you use that works effectively with the pedal?

Cheers
    James.  

No worries Vibetronic. Appreciate the thought. Just out of interest what is the PSU you use that works effectively with the pedal?
    hmm. Doesn't appear to have a name; stuff on the back says: model - MKA - 91000UK, Input: 230V AC 50hZ, Output: 9V AC 1000mA, if that's of any use. I think it's the 1000mA output that's the relevant bit. Pedal works fine with this one.

The one I got from Amazon was by 'myvolt' and it's not clear on the back what the output is actually supposed to be. Whatever it is, it's rubbish!

Cheers
    James.  

hmm. Doesn't appear to have a name; stuff on the back says: model - MKA - 91000UK, Input: 230V AC 50hZ, Output: 9V AC 1000mA, if that's of any use. I think it's the 1000mA output that's the relevant bit. Pedal works fine with this one.

The one I got from Amazon was by 'myvolt' and it's not clear on the back what the output is actually supposed to be. Whatever it is, it's rubbish!
    Cheers mate - thanks for your help
  • So I got an isolated power supply for this and still it doesn't work!

The pedal seems to work - the red light at the side comes on and it is fine in bypass but when I press the foot switch nothing happens...... this is the third unit I've tried......

Frustrated! I must be doing something wrong!.....

Help 
  • would it need a battery in it as well as the PSU?
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    What current does your PSU supply? @Vibetronic ‘s lists the output as 1000mA - what is the number of mA (or A) on yours?
  • mart said:
    What current does your PSU supply? @Vibetronic ‘s lists the output as 1000mA - what is the number of mA (or A) on yours?
    1200 mA......
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    I'm wondering if there is either something up with the pedal, or possibly your power supply. I have one of these pedals and have run it off a 500mA supply with no problems. Are you sure the power supply is giving you the mA you need? Have you stuck a multimeter on it?
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    mart said:
    1200 mA......
    Curious - that should be enough then.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Obvious - it’s the Welsh electricity, can’t get those water wheels spinning fast enough. 

Well, you had the wrong power supply before so it wasn’t going to work properly. So now it’s user error or the pedal itself. What a ball ache! Are you still able to return it? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    This pedal definitely doesn't take a battery. You should just be able to plug in the power supply, rig it up to amp/guitar and it should work. Try setting it up with these settings - Momentary to 'on', Dry to 'on', Onset and Gain both with the white marker in the 12 'o' clock position, and Type at 'natural high'. Hit a note then activate the pedal - that should definitely give you some results sound-wise, it's what mine was on last time I used it. If that doesn't work and you have the right power supply it's almost certainly the pedal. 

(sorry if that all seems obvious, just thought it was worth a go, I've missed simple stuff before and thought things have been broken when they weren't !)
  • @Vibetronic - nothing is too obvious mate - I appreciate the steer. I have nothing but the guitar, pedal and amp. I'll try this tomorrow when the kids aren't in bed. 

@EricTheWeary - bloody substandard Welsh electricity! This is the third Freqout unit - I am sure they couldn't all be faulty? I can't return it now either.....

@vasselmeyer - No I don't have a multimeter (or know what one is!) the PSU is new - bought specifically for this purpose (works with other pedals) - the one spot says it provides 1700mA on the box.....

I am on the verge of giving up on this fun pedal....
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7670

Can you take it to a local shop and try it out there for comparison ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 977
    edited March 2018
    Paul_C said:

Can you take it to a local shop and try it out there for comparison ? 

How do you mean mate? I bought it mail order?